Menu

s/o Anyone else LOVE beauty products?

FriedClams

I'm reading on the skin thread and a lot of people are anti product. I get it. Totally. I'm crunchy. I use some essential oils. I cook from scratch most of the time. I also limit a lot of chemicals, so this isn't a slight on then in any way!!

But I love beauty products.

Love.

Maybe it's my background (former military pilot...tomboy...not frilly) that great shampoo and soap could make my day. I'm not talking stinky (though I do love that, too) but rich, fabulous, indulgent face cream...Or awesome shampoo...good conditioner...Or great shower gel... even if it's crunchy peppermint Dr. Bronner.... I guess I have to be clean so doing it in style makes me smile.

I'm not a make up wearer at all, so that helps me justify my love of product (and budget). I even recently signed up for Birchbox!

I know, weird love / confession for a Life is Good t-shirt and short wearer!!

Tell me I'm not alone!

• Like 1

Guilty.

I'm VIP Rouge at Sephora.  I won't say how much you have to spend there in a year to reach that level.  It's completely indulgent, and I love it.  I have enough beauty samples to cleanse and moisturize the earth.

In my own defense (not that I need one, but I feel the need), I have stupid, stupid skin.  Ridiculously dry in the winter, insanely sensitive, breakout-prone....drives me insane.  So I'm constantly on the lookout for something that hydrates without giving me pimples or making me look like I'm sunburned.  I've tried every natural solution out there, but nothing works, so it's back to the products I go.  

Also, when I do find something I like it only seems to work for about 6 - 8 months or so, and then it either stops being effective or I have an adverse reaction to it, and I have to move on to the next thing.  

So, in a nutshell, yes.....I'm an addict.  

• Like 1

I like nice stuff, I sometimes make my own soap and bathbombs. I like using essential oils (I don't drink them) artificial fragrances give me headaches.

I also like Dr Bronners. I use nice shampoo and conditioner because my hair is super curly and if I buy cheap stuff my hair freaks out.

I don't really use make up but I do like nice lotion or facewash.

I probably don't spend anything close to what Almira spends. :lol:

I'm not anti-product at all, but have been DIYing most of my routine due to finances (DH and I are both grad students). For a while I was DIYing everything except my retinoid (because that would be scary), but I'm just now starting to relax that a little a buy a few things. Things I can DIY to work as well as store products (coconut oil as a cleanser, moisturizer, clay masks, vitamin C serum) I'm going to keep DIYing, and things I can't do at all or can't do quite as well (retinoid, peptide serum, hyaluronic acid serum and mask, glycolic acid serum) I'll buy when I can. I've DIYing my ACV toner, but yesterday I ordered one to see if it works better. If it doesn't, I'll stick with the ACV.

Someday I'll rival Almira, but for now this is my best option.

• Like 1

*raises hand* 

That's me in Ulta too  :w00t:  Hubby calls the cosmetics department at Macy's my mothership. I use a mix of drugstore and department store (only if I can't find it at the drugstore). Most of the ds brands are made by the high-end companies these days anyway. I attribute my love of creams and potions to the fact that I am 51 (almost 52) and still don't have wrinkles, even though I live at high altitude. Moisturizer is my friend! And so is bath oil...and lotion....and lipstick....and.....

• Like 1

Not sure about "products" but I'm pretty crunchy and I wear makeup. I like QUALITY makeup. Like, Chanel. This means I'm extremely stingy about it because it's beyond my pay scale. :)

Hubby calls the cosmetics department at Macy's my mothership.

Made me LOL. Thanks for the smile. :)

• Like 1