Menu

A secular Well Planned Day planner?

Does one exist? 

I saw a Well Planned Day planner yesterday and thought it was the greatest thing EVER!

I like that it's not digital.  I like that I don't have to download anything and print it out.

I liked everything about it, but we are not Christians and there is just too much religious things through out the planner.

Does anyone know of anything very similar but secular?

Thank you!!

I was looking for one for a friend last year.  She loved mine but isn't Christian, either.  She was looking at the Erin Condren teacher planner and the Plum Paper (on Etsy) one but I don't remember which one she chose.  They are both smaller than the Well-Planned Day, though, and those were drawbacks for her because she has four kids.  I have 3 and some days I wish for more space, too.  

• Like 1

Funny, I have a WPD planner that was a steal at a used bookstore. I like it, but I only use the month at a glance and the weekly sections to write in schoolwork. I don't read any of the verses or extras. I have taped in schedules on some of those pages, though. In fact, I've considered ripping those extra pages (that I don't have stuff taped to) out to make it less bulky. 

All this to say, I'm a Christian and I don't even notice the verses. I could be clueless about them though. It would not be the first time.

I don't know of any secular ones that match WPD planners for beauty and similar format unfortunately. However, the Erin Condren planner would come very very close and might be superior in some ways. If the price on the Erin Condren one makes you choke (it does for me) then check out Plum Paper Planners. I LOVE the Plum Paper Planners, they are an excellent size and just very well-made. Nothing fancy but visually appealing enough for me. They have teacher planners where you can customize the subjects when you order which I really like as a homeschooler. 

• Like 1

I also use the Mardel planner and love it. My only complaint is that the 2015-2016 planner won't be available until June.

I've been checking the website constantly to see if they have the 2015-16 planners out yet.  :cursing:  Why so late and how did you find this out? I was really hoping to be able to order one soon.

It's not as pretty as some of the other ones mentioned, but I've been very happy with my A Plan in Place planner (sorry, on my phone so I can't link). You get to pick what you want in it (how many rows, columns, what the labels are, extra spaces, etc.), including any quotes you want in it.

It's black and white (so not very decorative), but you can make it be just about anything you want. Plus, the price was very reasonable.

• Like 1

It's not just the verses, the first "subject" is Bible and there are other things as well.

It doesn't really bother me reading that, it's just a waste of space for ME, if you KWIM.

I've also only used "monthly" pages in all my planners so far, but I feel soooo disorganized, I am thinking may be having the actual homeschooling planner would help

I am off to looking at the suggestions.

Thank you!

I've been checking the website constantly to see if they have the 2015-16 planners out yet.  :cursing:  Why so late and how did you find this out? I was really hoping to be able to order one soon.

I was hoping to get one soon as well, but when I couldn't even find them on their site I sent them an email and they said June, sigh.

I looked for this last year...  I ended up putting my own together from several great resources with individual printables... I think if you're picky about it and want to customize it putting it together yourself is the best option.  You can either buy or find different sets of printables (homeschool, family, calendar, home, budget, etc...) and put them in a binder how you like them.  

That said... I'm trying to focus on putting together some business stuff this year and was DESPERATE to find a planner that would help force me to focus and plan... one book... everything in the same place.  I finally ordered a pricey Plum Paper Family planner with some extra pages.  I haven't received it yet so I can't review for you.  I seriously obsessed trying to find the perfect planner for 2 weeks (there's a thread on here somewhere) and this one was the best I could find.  There's not much room for homeschool... but my kids are tiny and we're pretty CM inspired so at this age I don't need much room.  I have also considered getting the Plum Paper teacher planner in the future and having sort of the two matching planners together.  I'm a planner junkie... I also have several pages I've put together and have used in the past.  The best fit is always customized and printed at home... but sometimes it's nice to have a pretty spiral bound carry-able book.. ya know?  

I took the family planner on Plum Paper and had the customization list all my children down the sides, that left two sections for things we did together.  I use that as my lesson planner.  I don't include huge amounts of detail (there isn't room) but all the "detail" goes in each child's individual planner so I'm not writing everything else out twice.  I also use their regular planner to schedule my school day, activities, and meal planning.  I love their stickers, and use those to highlight online classes.   I had both planners extended so that they cover 18 months to save on overall cost.  I love them!  They sit side by side on my computer desk so that I can always see everything at once and document as needed.

• Like 3

I use a Weekly/Monthly student planner that I picked up at an office store. I list one child at 7am, with a line for each subject, and my other child at 11am, with a line for each subject. You could easily put a third child at 3pm, and leave room at 7-8pm for any reminders for yourself (i.e. appts, dinner plan, calls to make, etc.). I mostly use that planner for my at-a-glance what needs to be done today, and to check off subjects as they are completed. More detailed descriptions of my lesson plans are kept in my file cabinet, since I like to plan the whole year out in advance.

Ruth

• 2 months later...

I use a Weekly/Monthly student planner that I picked up at an office store. I list one child at 7am, with a line for each subject, and my other child at 11am, with a line for each subject. You could easily put a third child at 3pm, and leave room at 7-8pm for any reminders for yourself (i.e. appts, dinner plan, calls to make, etc.). I mostly use that planner for my at-a-glance what needs to be done today, and to check off subjects as they are completed. More detailed descriptions of my lesson plans are kept in my file cabinet, since I like to plan the whole year out in advance.

Ruth

This was a really useful, meaty post I read recently about Homeschool Planners. It isn't just about the review of the planners covered, though, but how you can make any planner you use "yours"

http://sprittibee.com/2015/02/finding-a-homeschool-planner-that-works-for-you.html

• 3 months later...

Yes, this is an old thread, but I found this today in Office Depot (which has merged w/ Office Max) and thought of this thread. Posting for the OP and for anyone else who might care. 

There are no subjects listed, so you can fill those in (a plus or a minus). This is pretty close the print version of WPD. 

• Like 2