Menu

Re: Eshkati-LucyStoner?

Mrs Mungo

I think Lucy Stoner is the one who talked about this site. http://www.eshakti.com/m/default.aspx?

I ordered two dresses from them. I got a $30 off coupon when I signed up for their emails. And they had free customization with your first order. I am 5 feet tall and a 36DD. It is very rare for anything to come close to fitting me without alterations. So, I was incredibly excited about ordering a custom fit according to my measurements. The dresses fit perfectly! If I had unlimited funds, I would never buy anything from another company. So, thanks, WTM board! ;)

I ordered this dress:

http://www.eshakti.com/m/ProductPage/CL0032158

And...I don't see the other one, maybe it's sold out? It's a black dress with an orange floral spray across the skirt, and it has a belt. Wait, found it!

http://www.eshakti.com/Product/CL0032618/Floral-spray-embroidered-dress

The second one, just gorgeous. 

I'm dying to order something from them but I'm losing weight and I still have plenty of clothes in the closet before I get to a size where I'll need new clothes.  My 25 pound goal is an Eshataki dress.

I was seriously thinking of ordering from them, too, but then I read some reviews that said the dresses were way too small, even when the measuring instructions were followed.

Also, I think they're based in India, so if you order over a certain dollar amount you have to pay customs on the order. This also made it difficult to return...

What do you think about that? If those issues aren't the norm, then I'm totally in.

I was seriously thinking of ordering from them, too, but then I read some reviews that said the dresses were way too small, even when the measuring instructions were followed.

Both of my dresses fit perfectly. But, I know how to measure myself. I also did not round down; I rounded up. I didn't suck it in or anything like that. I also wore the bra that I would wear with dresses when I measured. I can't say what other people did or did not do, but those are typical things that will result in incorrect measuring.

Also, I think they're based in India, so if you order over a certain dollar amount you have to pay customs on the order. This also made it difficult to return...

What do you think about that? If those issues aren't the norm, then I'm totally in.

Were those people in the US or Canada? I would assume Canada, it is a problem with sending anything to Canada. This isn't generally an issue for people in the US. It wasn't an issue for me.

• 4 weeks later...