Menu

Christmas list fun

Spryte

What's on your kids' lists?  Anything funny?

DD (3) has asked Santa to bring her a paper airplane.   :lol: She also asked for a pink camera, so at least the elves have something substantial to work on, in the workshop.  

I once knew a boy who asked for coal.  He loves the sparkles and the colors contained in it.  Yes, he grew up to be an artist.  

Any other interesting requests this year?

3 yr old wants Elsa..anything and everything Elsa. If it has Elsa, she wants it. No interest in Olaf.

5 yr old wants a Polar Express train again. He has gotten it before. It is expensive though. He has only gotten it before because they went on clearance and it was cheap then.

10 yr old wants art stuff, dance stuff, head phones.

13 yr old wants new karate stuff and a repaired Nintendo 3DS

18 yr old wants college money

20 yr old wants Raspberry Pi

Nothing interesting or funny I guess.

:lol:

I nearly bought my ds14 the lockpicking kit on ThinkGeek the other day when it was on sale. Then I saw that the sale price was $89 and decided against it. It looked like a cool item, but not for $89.

The beginner professional kits are more reasonably priced & everyone says the videos online on  youtube are the best way to learn so you don't need books etc. Here's one that we looked at for ex though we ended up getting a different one as the Cdn site has slightly different kits.

Dd9 wants spare parts to fix her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures (which are, shall we say, well loved).

Not new action figures. Extra heads and such so she can repair the ones she has. I said, "Well, honey, I don't think they make repair kits. I'm sure Santa could just bring you new turtles instead." She cocked her head to the side and replied, "Mom, the elves can just box up some of the parts they use." Silly me.

Fingers crossed that the surprise kitten overrides the lack of turtle pieces...

Dd9 wants spare parts to fix her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures (which are, shall we say, well loved).

Not new action figures. Extra heads and such so she can repair the ones she has. I said, "Well, honey, I don't think they make repair kits. I'm sure Santa could just bring you new turtles instead." She cocked her head to the side and replied, "Mom, the elves can just box up some of the parts they use." Silly me.

Fingers crossed that the surprise kitten overrides the lack of turtle pieces...

Take a look on eBay. People sell parts for action figures. Sometimes you can get a big box of partial figures and accessories for a very low price, and I'll bet your dd would love them. :)

The beginner professional kits are more reasonably priced & everyone says the videos online on youtube are the best way to learn so you don't need books etc. Here's one that we looked at for ex though we ended up getting a different one as the Cdn site has slightly different kits.

If you think aboout it as "career training materials," the prices start to sound a lot cheaper... :D

Gloves (to handle bitey reptiles) and a headlamp (to hunt nocturnal ones). She would also LOVE real snake boots (waterproof and snake bite proof), but they run about $200, so I'm not buying a pair for a kid who typically goes through 2 shoe sizes a year.

She also has a constant request for (and is getting) snake and lizard shed skins. One of the ones she's getting for Christmas is from a 13 yr old, 12 foot long Peruvian boa. Fortunately, she's NOT getting the snake...although she has a carpet python on her Christmas list (she did get a ball python last year, when one was in need of a new home when his college age owner came home and told his mom "Guess what! Someone cancelled-I get to do my semester abroad THIS YEAR!!!". For some reason, mom, who was perfectly willing to deal with keeping the snake and handling it's water dish as long as his owner came home every couple of weeks to feed him and clean the tank had no desire to keep the animal when her son was going to be across an ocean....).