Menu

NORMAL!!!!!!

Sorry, but I am shouting. :001_smile:

I finally got word today that my mammogram results are normal. For six years (don't call me stupid), I've been carrying around a minor anxiety about the state of myself because it was that long ago that I had my first mammo, had to go in for additional screenings (more thorough xrays and U/S), the results of which were, I was told, still inconclusive. So, I was urged to return in six months for more imaging. And again six months after that before "they" would establish a baseline. It was very expensive (no ins. coverage for that), so I opted out. The years went by, and by, and by. And here it was six years later before I went in again.

My appt. was two weeks ago, Tuesday. I was sure I'd have results before now, but when I called the office a week after the imaging I was told the results were not yet in. I called yesterday to discover that the office was opening later than usual and never got around to a second call. I called today, and got the "at lunch" recording. I tell you I was on the verge of blowing a gasket when I picked up the mail and found the letter with the good news.

I can finally take that one off my list of things to worry about for a little while.

happy023.gif

Sorry, but I am shouting. :001_smile:

I finally got word today that my mammogram results are normal. For six years (don't call me stupid), I've been carrying around a minor anxiety about the state of myself because it was that long ago that I had my first mammo, had to go in for additional screenings (more thorough xrays and U/S), the results of which were, I was told, still inconclusive. So, I was urged to return in six months for more imaging. And again six months after that before "they" would establish a baseline. It was very expensive (no ins. coverage for that), so I opted out. The years went by, and by, and by. And here it was six years later before I went in again.

My appt. was two weeks ago, Tuesday. I was sure I'd have results before now, but when I called the office a week after the imaging I was told the results were not yet in. I called yesterday to discover that the office was opening later than usual and never got around to a second call. I called today, and got the "at lunch" recording. I tell you I was on the verge of blowing a gasket when I picked up the mail and found the letter with the good news.

I can finally take that one off my list of things to worry about for a little while.

happy023.gif

Okay, I won't call you stupid, because I would likely do the same. :D

What a relief for you. Congratulations on passing the test! :D

Congrats!

I've been trying to convince my doctors to help me get covered for a mammogram. I'm "too young."

Unfortunately, so were 4 of the young women I went to high school with. Two have lost their battles with breast cancer, one has just finished chemo, and the other has finally received a clean bill of health.

I graduated from a school of 600 kids in 1995.

When I rule the world, there will be free mammograms for all!!!:grouphug:

This post encourages me, Dorian. My mother died of the dreaded B C disease and while I've had a baseline mammo....well, it's been a few years since then. To say I fear going in is an understatement.

If I make an appointment (with who? how do I go about finding a great, sympathic doc?) will you hold my cyber hand as I endure? Ob/gyn offices are NOT my favorite place...infertility and all that, ya know.

Congratulations, Doran! What great news! I'm sure the relief is tremendous!

As a side note regarding Carrie's comment on insurance coverage...I've found a similar problem w/colon cancer. The American Cancer Society recommends, and thus insurance generally covers, colonoscopies for people age 50 and over. I can't tell you how many people I've known (including my sister and her husband) who have been diagnosed prior to age 50 without family history.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Chelle