Menu

app for keeping track of books/scanning books by code?

Whoah, readerware is $75. I hadn't bought delicious library yet because I wasn't sure if I would get the $25-ish worth out of it...

Are you for real?  I bought mine YEARS ago, like within a year of starting homeschooling (when I realized the software I started with wasn't gonna cut the mustard) and I've never had to pay to upgrade.  It's snazzier now.

So many things now are online and socially connected.  I can see where that would be good for some people and situations.  I think somebody here recently got Readerware on my rec and liked it.  You can get the mobile version as well and use your phone as the bar code scanner to enter the books.  For me, I wanted a good solid database that I could back up, search, have on my mobile devices, and frankly have for insurance purposes.  Readerware does all that for me.

I also use goodreads. Dd12 is on it, too, and I love being able to send book recs. For summer reading, she chose three books from a shelf labeled "summer 2014" and she loved using the summary and reviews to help her make selections. She also has a "books I chose" as a shelf. She lives the control it gives her. Also makes it easy for me to see what she read during the year.