Menu

So mad right NOW !!!!!!!!!!!! Help with Spanish

susankhan

Oh, Susan...I am so sorry this happened!!  I posted before about this happening (read about it here)...and, unfortunately, you must have missed seeing it.  I'm very upset that this is still happening.  So, sorry....not sure what advice to offer. 

ETA: I'm going to pop that old thread right now in hopes that others who haven't seen it will see it now.  I really think this information should be up at the top on some sticky to warn everyone.  How can that be done, anyone know?? 

Ouch! :(

What ages? My 9yo is really enjoying The Fun Spanish, which is a downloadable PDF that will last her a semester. She reads See It and Say It in Spanish (Madrigal) to her dad in the evenings, plays movies in Spanish with Spanish subtitles on, and occasionally plays with a Standard Deviants DVD game.

guessing from batmanswife's post, that you mean it wasn't a retailer, but used.   ((hugs))  I don't know what to tell you about the license and codes and such for full program.  just wanted to be supportive.

I've been enjoying using the Elementary Spanish that is on Discovery Streaming (got that $99 for a year through homeschool buyer's co-op).  

guessing from batmanswife's post, that you mean it wasn't a retailer, but used.   ((hugs))  I don't know what to tell you about the license and codes and such for full program.  just wanted to be supportive.

I've been enjoying using the Elementary Spanish that is on Discovery Streaming (got that $99 for a year through homeschool buyer's co-op).  

These scammers are selling "new" and "still shrink-wrapped" Rosetta Stone language kits. They even have websites that look like the original.  They even ship you what looks just like the real thing.  They are very sneaky and underhanded and I'm very sad to hear that this is still going on. 

On the other hand...I'm just assuming that Susan was scammed in the way that the Rossen Report warns.  Susan, can you tell us...did you actually get a RS box and discs like what is in the report...or did you pay and then the "seller" just flaked out on you and took the money and ran? 

These scammers are selling "new" and "still shrink-wrapped" Rosetta Stone language kits. They even have websites that look like the original.  They even ship you what looks just like the real thing.  They are very sneaky and underhanded and I'm very sad to hear that this is still going on. 

On the other hand...I'm just assuming that Susan was scammed in the way that the Rossen Report warns.  Susan, can you tell us...did you actually get a RS box and discs like what is in the report...or did you pay and then the "seller" just flaked out on you and took the money and ran? 

I got a box in shrink wrap looking brand new.  Inside was everything even the activation code.  Crazy how good these people can make these knock offs.  When activation code did not work I called Rosetta stone and they said it was from an unauthorized seller and was not the real thing.

I got a box in shrink wrap looking brand new.  Inside was everything even the activation code.  Crazy how good these people can make these knock offs.  When activation code did not work I called Rosetta stone and they said it was from an unauthorized seller and was not the real thing.

Shoot!!  :cursing: :banghead:

well, after hearing that,  I'm mad with you.    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   (when I read the post that was linked, I only saw the used issued and didn't see the title of the whole thread.  I misunderstood from the link.  been that kind of day for my brain)

I just bought a Rosetta Stone spanish Latin America 1-5 set and got SCAMMED !!!!!!!!!   I am feeling so stupid this happened :(  Does anyone have any advice on ANOTHER program that is not so much money or free  as we just put a lot into a program we can not use

So sorry that this happened to you. Don't feel stupid - scammers are so clever these days :(

I would say, though, that *if* you happened to purchase through eBay or anything where PayPal was used - or even any credit card - definitely file a claim on it with them ASAP. They deal with loads of cybercrime like this, and you really may end up getting your money back. I hope you do :grouphug: