Menu

Happy Birthday To Me!

:):):)

I turned 37 today!

We got back from vacation in Michigan on Saturday. You know you missed me. We had a lot of fun seeing family but WOW is it nice to be home. The Snort started off the trip cutting teeth and had a cold for the rest of the time and refused to eat much except for "mama chow," so neither of us got much sleep. I thought I'd spend at least an hour each day on homeschool planning, and did not one bit. Once my sister and her adorable brood got to my parents' house we had 7 kids running around and there was no time to do anything.

We got to go blueberry picking, and play in the lake, and take the boat to the "secret island" (a bay on Grand Island off Munising Bay on Lake Superior, part of the Pictured Rocks National Park), play with cousins, make friendship bracelets and learn how to Bedazzle. THe girlies went fishing with my folks on an inland lake where they catch lots of small fish - Emma caught a 12-13" small mouth bass on her little Barbie pole! - and they stayed at the camp (the cabin we all bought) with my two older nieces. We also saw a VERY COOL concert by a group called Song of the Lakes - they were commissioned to write music to Paddle to the Sea! It was wonderful. They are going to make a CD of the music, this fall I think.

And today I got to sleep in a little, and catch up on some administrative-type things that I've needed to do. We went to dinner at Carraba's, and that was tasty and good. The girls chose two Webkinz for me, the goldfish and the manatee, so we could see what the underwater Webkinz do. And I got my hair cut! Woo hoo!

Happy birthday!! Sounds like it was a good one! Glad you had a nice vacation just before, too!

BTW, what do the underwater Webkinz do? Enquiring minds wanna' know ;).

If you put them in an underwater room, they swim in it. If you take them to a regular "land" room, they are inside a bubble so they can "breathe." And, if you take a "land" Webkinz into a water room, they wear a bubble on their head so they can breathe. It's pretty cute. They have an underwater room theme now so you can decorate, but I found that the fish wallpaper works while the under-sea flooring (not designed for the water room) does not. :glare:

Here are Barbara Manatee and Cleo in their room:

Picture8.png

And here is Barbara Manatee jumping on a trampoline in her bubble:

Picture9.png

The only thing I've discovered so far is that they cannot wear pants. No swimsuit bottoms, no space suit pants, etc.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at Borders. meeting up with several lovely WTM board members! I had the sleeping and feverish with teething Jack in the ergo carrier, but the rest were in bed at home while dad worked more on his ethics paper.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at Borders. meeting up with several lovely WTM board members! I had the sleeping and feverish with teething Jack in the ergo carrier, but the rest were in bed at home while dad worked more on his ethics paper.

Frelle,

I meant to ask you where your dh goes to seminary? My dh goes to Southeastern.