Menu

Is the blue-eyed trait going the way of the dodo?

Guest inoubliable

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of my parents are blue eyed, one brown hair, the other dark/dishwater blonde. My sister is very blonde and blue eyed. I am dark/dishwater blonde, blue eyed, AND a leftie. I am the only leftie in my original family. I do some tasks right handed though but am primarily left handed.

Dd20 is brown hair and blue eyes (and right handed).

My mom and dad had blue eyes as does my MIL. I have blue eyes with a brown ring around the pupil. My hubby has olive green eyes. Four of my six children have blue eyes and the other two have brown eyes. My step dds both had ice blue eyes as children but one of their eyes turned to a light green as an adult. My dgs has blue eyes even though his mom was one of the ones with brown eyes. 

My son is a lefty as is my dgs. 

All of my kids are blue-eyed. That's their only option. They're also all variations on blonde.

What I find interesting is that my maternal grandmother was left-handed. She had six kids and four of them were left-handed, including my mom. My mom had six kids and 30 grand kids (and counting) and so far, nobody is a lefty!

Handedness isn't entirely genetic. It's true that children with lefty parents are more likely to be left-handed (a child with two left-handed parents has about a 24% chance)... but so are children with lefty kindergarten, first, or second grade teachers (I can't cite that factoid, but I'm pretty sure it's true). Inasmuch as it IS heritable, we think it must be a multi-gene trait, and when I say "we" I mean "wikipedia".

My mom has brown eyes, my dad's were hazel, both had dark brown hair and were righty. I have brown eyes, am right handed, and got dark blonde hair (but it was jet black when I was born) my brother has hazel eyes, dark blonde hair and is a lefty.

I married a right handed man who was born very blonde with blue eyes (a lot of Norwegian in his family) everyone in my family is of polish decent by the way. Our kids...

Oldest got his dad's hair and blue eyes

Daughter got my hair and hazel eyes with one streak in her right eye that is the same brown that my eyes are.

Youngest son started out red headed with blue eyes. He's now blonde but kept his blue eyes.

They are all right handed

Another thing all say is odd is that my dad was O+, mom was B+, I'm AB+. And yes he is my dad biologically, even though everyone tells me that's not possible.