Menu

.5 credit science?

My DD took IPC/Physical Science in 9th, and Biology in 10th.

First semester this year she is doing Anatomy & Physiology (and Health,) 

but we need something for science for 2nd semester for this year. 

She plans to take Chemistry next year in 12th - do I just have her start that? 

(I would like her to get a full 4 credits in science though.) 

Any ideas?

Ds is doing two .5 credit science classes this year and biology second semester (block schedule - full credit). 

He's reading through The Sciences (physical and earth science chapters). I'm calling it "Great Ideas in Physical Science"

He's also taking this engineering class through Saylor.org. We're adding a few books to it, including parts of the CK12 Engineering book

Another options might be: 

A short history of Nearly Everything  - I found a study guide online, but can't remember where

Earth Science? - maybe select topics from a text 

Cognitive Science - might make a good extension from the A&P - no real suggestions on materials

Astronomy? - again select topics from a text

Health is usually a half credit (and not considered science) and Anatomy and Physiology a full credit. What are you using that can cover the three at a high school level for only half a credit?

We are going to use either Abeka or Total Health (as an elective) for .5 credit - but I am having her take it at the same time as A&P, since both will cover major body systems.  

I am also giving her .5 credit for A&P  under science, and we are using Pacworks A&P, plus some of the books from Masterbooks "Pre-med" studies  

http://www.christianbook.com/advanced-pre-med-studies-pack-volumes/9780890517673/pd/517673?dv=c&en=google-pla&event=PLASHOP&kw=backorders-40-60&p=1167941&gclid=CJ6unr3Np8ACFcRzMgodGGYAag

We are going to use either Abeka or Total Health (as an elective) for .5 credit - but I am having her take it at the same time as A&P, since both will cover major body systems.  

I am also giving her .5 credit for A&P  under science, and we are using Pacworks A&P, plus some of the books from Masterbooks "Pre-med" studies  

http://www.christianbook.com/advanced-pre-med-studies-pack-volumes/9780890517673/pd/517673?dv=c&en=google-pla&event=PLASHOP&kw=backorders-40-60&p=1167941&gclid=CJ6unr3Np8ACFcRzMgodGGYAag

I am not familiar with the A&P choices, but I wonder if you can't give it a full credit. The Pacworks says theirs is a half credit. The link is for a full credit. If you didn't do all of the books, it is probably still a half credit option. Those two halves would make a whole? Then, a separate half credit for health.

Botany, marine science, geology, astronomy, meteorology.  Take a look at a CC catalog and you'll find a slew of one semester science courses.

Unfortunately we don't have CC's around here.  :(

We do have technical colleges - but that's about as close as we get.

Thank you everyone for the replies - there are some great ideas, and I'm making a list to give to DD and ask which ones she has the most interest in.