Menu

I'm back! Homeschooling again. Anyone still here from the old days?

Suzanne in ABQ

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/55527-what-the-world-needs-nowwarning-ot-intimate-content/page-2?hl=tea

That is the epic original TeA thread. #74 is where the euphemism was born. I still think that is the absolute funniest thread of all time.

Yes!  Of course!  I have thought about that conversation often over the years (those glass "sculptures" were so lovely!), but just didn't make the TeA connection today.   My old brain just had it filed away.  It was fun reminiscing.  Thanks.

Now, about those kilts. . .

Hi Cinder,

I remember your name, not your avatar.   :)

I thought about changing mine, since I feel like I'm a liar to make people think I still look like that (that was 8 years ago, and my dd's 10th birthday).  But, if it makes me easier to remember, and everyone needs a little help remembering (right), it would be a disservice to update it.   :)

Yeah, I didn't have one when we first switched to the new format. A lot of people didn't back then. Remember we had green or gray dots next to our names? But then there was an update and we all got that anonymous silhouette which sort of begs to be replaced. So finally uploaded an avatar. That was . . . a couple years ago, I think?

I'm still around, and I remember you! I was here quite a few years before the board format changed. I am still sad I never got closer than third on a new board. ;-p

I really wish there was a way to know for sure, but I believe I was on the boards possibly as early as '98. I think I remember reading them from our camp we lived in while we gutted our house, and we bought it in the fall of '98.

I'm still around, and I remember you! I was here quite a few years before the board format changed. I am still sad I never got closer than third on a new board. ;-p

I really wish there was a way to know for sure, but I believe I was on the boards possibly as early as '98. I think I remember reading them from our camp we lived in while we gutted our house, and we bought it in the fall of '98.

I found the boards in 2000.  I was just starting to research homeschooling (dd was 4).  A link for Miquon brought me here, which led to me reading TWTM.  The rest, as they say, is history. . .   :)

I wonder how many of us can recall the first time we found the boards.  It's sort of like, Where were you when Kennedy was shot.  Where were you when you heard about the Challenger explosion?  Where were you when you heard about the WTC?  Where were you when you found the WTM boards?  

I wonder how many of us can recall the first time we found the boards.

Hmm, I can't.  I know how I got here.  I love to read books about books and was reading many books about children's books since I had a young child.  Those books are typically found at Dewey Decimal number 028; however, some are filed with the education books at 371.  That lead me to reading books about homeschooling and the Well-Trained Mind.  At some point, I found the boards. That was in about '98 or '99, I guess.  I well recall Y2K when the boards went back in time to 1903!

Regards,

Kareni

Hmm, I can't.  I know how I got here.  I love to read books about books and was reading many books about children's books since I had a young child.  Those books are typically found at Dewey Decimal number 028; however, some are filed with the education books at 371.  That lead me to reading books about homeschooling and the Well-Trained Mind.  At some point, I found the boards. That was in about '98 or '99, I guess.  I well recall Y2K when the boards went back in time to 1903!

Regards,

Kareni

I had completely forgotten about that!  I couldn't remember if I had been on before 2000 or not until you mentioned this.  As far as the boards flipping, I never even got close because in my family the day ended at 10 or 10:30pm and started at 4:00am.   Oh, well.

I changed my board name about a year or so ago, due to some "ick" in my personal life.  If you are just dying to know, PM me.

Colleen always beat me too, lol.

I found the boards in 2000.  I was just starting to research homeschooling (dd was 4).  A link for Miquon brought me here, which led to me reading TWTM.  The rest, as they say, is history. . .   :)

I wonder how many of us can recall the first time we found the boards.  It's sort of like, Where were you when Kennedy was shot.  Where were you when you heard about the Challenger explosion?  Where were you when you heard about the WTC?  Where were you when you found the WTM boards?  

I can remember the week I found the boards, back in August 2003.  Must have been a defining moment in my life. :)

I wonder how many of us can recall the first time we found the boards. 

Hmm, for me it was around summer 2000. We'd just moved and ds1 was going to start K and we'd already decided to homeschool. I'd gone to the library to find books about homeschooling and that's when I found WTM. I think there was a link to the forum in the book?

I think I joined in 99 but maybe 98.  I know I was here for the Y2K deal= or rather not deal.  I was originally Christina in NM (i think) then Christina in Belgium then Christina in SPace Coast, then TransientChris.  I am no longer a transient since dh retired from the USAF on June 1 and has a job here in Huntsville.

Anyway, I do remember you.  I lived and homeschooled in Albuquerque from 99 to 03 and might have even met you someplace.

I am basicallly retiring from home schooling.  My youngest is a senior this coming year and due to my health problems, we are outsourcing all her classes but I will still help some.  I am looking forward to being an empty nester.  I need the rest and over 20 years of homeschooling and tending to sick children has been tiring.  I love them all but crave the peace and quiet of a home just with my pets and my husband.

Hey, welcome back! I just stop by to visit once in a while these days but I was on since the very start. I remember those days some 14-15 years back when the boards were quiet during the day because, gasp, all the other mommies were actually homeschooling their kiddos, hahahah!!!!