Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

today so far

6km walk

6 loads of laundry plus handwash a big wooly jumper (sweater)

hang out the 6 loads of laundry under the veranda roof to dry

clean kitchen

bake week's supply of bread rolls, rye bread and raisin bread

vacuum entire house

mop entire house

clean kitchen

bake a double batch of choc-chip cookies, muffins and 2 fruit cakes

put on Osseo Bucco for dinner

clean kitchen

bring in some of the laundry and hang on clothes airier near the fire

change sheets on my bed

I am feeling very tired!

Still to do

complete weekly planer of all the lessons I am going to teach at the school next week (2nd week of internship)

Wake up

survive

go back to bed

Anything else is gravy, but I'd like to read to my kid for an hour in the morning, have him read at least a sentence to me, dishes, laundry, don't have to try and fail to get out of the house before the bank closes again because it's Saturday so the bank is already closed, roughly block out Konos units on a KOrganizer (Yea, I know it's ancient but the kid's watching videos on the internet capable PC while I'm using the 400 Mhz PII running Kubuntu 5.04 slow as molasses) or paper calendar, write checks for bills to mail on Monday, and read to my kid for another hour before we go to bed.

Good morning!

Today:

Breakfast-Done

Take dd to work day on set for her play, dh taking ds to warm ups at swimming

Pick up a few things at Walmart

Go to swim meet

Leave at some point to pick dd up from work day

Hopefully get to see the end of the meet

collapse and relax awhile, maybe watch Lost with dh (he's going through the entire series, but I've watched before)

dinner

get stuff laid out for church in the morning (revisiting the church from last week and trying Sunday School)

Good Morning! Wow, you all are up and going for a Saturday:)

Melissa, You did in one day what would take me a week to accomplish!  :hurray:

Tammy, safe travels and best wishes on your property/house hunt. Let us know how it goes.

I get to stay home today!! Each day this week required me to go out for something and I am so not a "runner". I like being home.

Walk

Bake blueberry muffins

Chili in crockpot for dinner

Mop kitchen floor

Organize and start to pack boys things for camp next week

School planning

Read historical fiction that is already late for the library but I want to finsh it

Laundry

Dinner: Chili and sides yet to be determined

Take kids to karate

Take kids bowling

Wash diapers

Wash DH's laundry

Make grocery list

No nap needed! I thought I'd have a rough night. Baby was awake when I put her in her crib and turned out the light at midnight. I was sure she'd start screaming but I was so tired I had to try. She didn't make a peep. It's now almost 9am and I need to wake her so we can get started on our day.

Melissa, either you have one heck of a huge verandah (6 loads of laundry?!) or the clothes dry very quickly or your washing machine has a much smaller capacity than US versions. I am imaging a verandah around all sides of your house---that sounds lovely :)

No tackling for me today!

--drink coffee

--get ready

--drive 4 hours to my high school town

--exclaim over how things have changed yet stayed the same (it's in a fracking region)

--reunion shindig starting at 6

I don't know if I want to drive past our old house. I would be so sad if it was in disrepair, you know? The house was an early Victorian brick farmhouse, very large for the area. My parents moved away in 1990, so who know how many owners there have been since then.

today so far

6km walk

6 loads of laundry plus handwash a big wooly jumper (sweater)

hang out the 6 loads of laundry under the veranda roof to dry

c.....

Your list exhausts me.......I think I'll take a nap on your behalf.  Blessings on your day!

Good Morning, Ladies!

I am done with VBS. (Loud cheers would be erupting except that I am still exhausted). We had an unbelievable week, but I am so so so glad it is over.

Today may plans are....

** grocery shopping

** catch up on the laundry that's been piling up all week

And that's all. And rest. And maybe peep at the garden that I've been neglecting all week.

Unsure what to prioritize today...

Done: HWT, read aloud, reading, two sight words

Saw movie with DC

Got dressed to shoes (trying out fly lady)

Cleaned kitchen sink to start fly lady program maybe!

Had breakfast

Weigh in at home (ouch)

Took back library books

Took back redbox

Changed sheets master

1 load laundry

To do: hopefully get DC to nap -- done, and I rested too

Errands to get fly lady task supplies -- done but took all evening

Pick up books at library (didn't have card earlier) -- done

Start decluttering family room 15 min-- only 5 min

DC swimming with DH -- done

Clear out office as a mad dash project -- nope

Jean--I "liked" you getting to stay home not your dd's blisters!

No storms, but torrential downpours a couple of times! Wow, swim meets are long! 

Dh picked up dd and is on the way home. 

Ds is in the shower.

I'm going to figure out a quick dinner for later and relax some.

Got home at midnight and I'm tired!!

Big goals for today:

cook dinner or order it in

update virtual farm

nap

unpack

prep church visuals for tomorrow

All in all....not accomplishing much on this gorgeous summer day and loving it :lol:

Relaxed and watched 2 episodes of Lost with dh 

dinner is done and dh is washing dishes 

one load of laundry is in the dryer and another is in the washer

We've decided to rent a shampooer and clean the traffic areas Monday. My in-laws are coming Thursday evening, and dh starts work in just over a week, so I'd like to get some things done.  

Waking up: done!

Read to kid, although you would probably be appalled by his choice of reading matter.

Kid read two sentences to me, but they were difficult sentences with new phonics rules from books that were all ds1 needed to become as fluent as ds1 ever became, so I would have framed that as "short reading lesson" if we were doing school.

Didn't kill kid.

Didn't kill self.

Didn't commit self to insane asylum or give kid up for adoption.

Didn't blow away random strangers with a machine gun and bury their bodies in back yard.

Dishes done.

It's a good day so far, but I'm still glad I set the bar so low. ;)

ds is too young for me to take an afternoon nap since I don't have any other people in the house to keep half an eye on him, but he's watching The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby instead of Dora or Caillou, so that's got to count for something anyway.

Melissa, either you have one heck of a huge verandah (6 loads of laundry?!) or the clothes dry very quickly or your washing machine has a much smaller capacity than US versions. I am imaging a verandah around all sides of your house---that sounds lovely :)

I have a veranda around 3 sides of the house. Really keeps the house cool in summer. :hurray:

Plus washing machines in Australia are smaller than the US versions.

Well, got laundry done and bills dealt with. And DH completed his task of buying a new car. Woohoo! His 1994 Honda Accord has 200K miles on it and was just nickel and diming us to death. So, he finallllllllly made the decision to get a new car. He was going to get a new Honda Civic, but at the last minute changed his mind and got a new Corolla. I'm glad. I like the interior of the Corolla much better. It's a nice car and now he can drive it without being paranoid of every sound. We were waiting in a line of cars to get into the National Park a couple weeks ago and the car next to us was making a funny sound, but he was so worried that it was him.that's no way to live. So, yayyy! We have a shiny new car in the garage.

KrissiK, congrats on the Corolla! My mom has one of those that is positively ancient, so hopefully yours will be every bit as much of a low maintenance keeper.

I'm going to call the laundry good even though ds1 has to sleep on a sheet that ds2's father thinks is nasty since I didn't get his regular one into the dryer in time to get it on his bed before he fell asleep. ds2's father isn't here and ds1 lived on his own for many years and his apartment looked like any other college aged kid's apartment and he was just as reluctant to let me visit the house he shared with his roommates as any other college aged kid would be, so I'm sure he's slept on nasty sheets or no sheets before.