Menu

Teen Boys

MicheleinMN

Just a vent here...I am so tired of dealing with one or another of my teen sons. As soon as one gets past the bone-head, "I know everything" phase, another jumps up to fill the position.

I'm tired and disappointed and sick of dealing with arrogant attitudes in children.  Yep, I made my bed...guess I'll have to lie in it. sigh.

Just a vent here...I am so tired of dealing with one or another of my teen sons. As soon as one gets past the bone-head, "I know everything" phase, another jumps up to fill the position.

I'm tired and disappointed and sick of dealing with arrogant attitudes in children. Yep, I made my bed...guess I'll have to lie in it. sigh.

(((Michele)))

Lots of hugs.

I don't agree with the "you made your bed" theory. I try to model the "good" traits I want my kids to emulate but sometimes they just don't. I hope they eventually do.

But some days are very, very difficult.

I like my boys...and I don't really think they think they know everything...but they get in these 'thought ruts' where nothing else is visible to them, even things which seem really obvious to me. 

DH tells me to stop banging my head against that wall. They just can't understand me yet. So. Hard. For. Me. To. Do. I just want to explain it in simpler and simpler terms until it makes its way into their heads. DH is right. I'm just annoying them and not fixing anything. 

I empathize!

I really like my teen boys. I mean sure there are moments when I feel annoyed but by and large I think teens are pretty interesting.

I like and love my teens.

Michele said it was a vent. I have no doubt she likes and loves her boys, too.

It sounds like she needs a friendly ear and supportive comments.

:grouphug: The bed you made is that they each get DO past the bone-head stage, and the younger ones will, too. (Did you hear yourself? "As soon as one gets past that stage..." see? You've seen your children move beyond this phase. That is undoubtedly largely due to good parenting.)

I hope you get a break and some mental rest. You are doing a great job. It's just a loooooooong job.

I'm tired and disappointed and sick of dealing with arrogant attitudes in children.  Yep, I made my bed...guess I'll have to lie in it. sigh.

Umm... girls are not necessarily better.  They know everything too-------and yet, they still want to know if you know where _____ is.  :rolleyes: 

I do love and even, most days, like my children both the boys and the girls.  It was a challenging day today, and I wish it hadn't been.  I was not the parent I want to be, nor was my son the person I want him to be.  We will get past it.  I'm just not looking forward to being around him between now and then. 

I like and love my teens.

Michele said it was a vent. I have no doubt she likes and loves her boys, too.

It sounds like she needs a friendly ear and supportive comments.

Right on. I love my teens. They are awesome! And I love my caboose non-teen, too. But yeah,

I can imagine...as soon as one no longer cares about his perfect hair ;) and stops considering card-throwing a worthwhile skill development, having another right there ready to do that, too!