Menu

Brag alert: West Point Bridge Contest Semi-Finalists!

Heather in WI

I've never posted a brag before, but I'm really excited about this one! My oldest two boys made the semi-finalist round of the West Point Bridge Design Contest! The certificate they received says that they came in 25th out of 1,693 teams! It is our first year participating and I must confess, they don't really know what they're doing, so we don't expect them to place highly in the next round. Neither my husband or I are engineering oriented and the bridges they submitted were created by them doing the  trial and error method.  I wish there was a tutorial of some kind they could follow in the future as I'm sure there is a better method.  :001_smile:

Anyway, there's no one for me to tell in real life, but I thought it would be ok to share here. :-)

Cool!

My FIL is a West Point graduate and was a civil engineer in the Army for many years. He has a ton of bridge building experience. In fact, if he gets going on bridges, you can't stop him. If you want, I can ask him for ideas for good books or websites. If you lived closer to him, he would come visit and see their bridge and be genuinely interested!

Cool!

My FIL is a West Point graduate and was a civil engineer in the Army for many years. He has a ton of bridge building experience. In fact, if he gets going on bridges, you can't stop him. If you want, I can ask him for ideas for good books or websites. If you lived closer to him, he would come visit and see their bridge and be genuinely interested!

Elizabeth, my boys would love any suggestions he would have! Second ds dreams of going to WP. :-) Thank you!