Menu

S/O of modesty stuff…. for hijab or covering folks...

umsami

So true.

I tore up so many of my pretty coverings with bobby pins, and it was never pretty under my headcovering. 

Plus, I was always getting my head wanded when going through airport security--I was surprised the piece didn't mention that.

I'll have to share this with my hijabi students. :)

Plus, I was always getting my head wanded when going through airplane--I was surprised the piece didn't mention that.

I hear you.  I used to fly a lot, and after I started wearing a prayer covering, it seems I was always getting pulled out of line to be wanded.  One guy actually pointed at my long skirt and told me I could be "hiding something under there."  (Maybe I should have worn tight jeans to make everyone feel more secure.)  :001_rolleyes:  Another time they insisted on patting down my DOG (yes, really).  I don't know how you could hide anything on a little short-haired Chihuahua mix...

This made me smile, as does the title of the young adult novel by an Australian Muslim author called 'Does my Head Look Big in This?'

There's a fashion trend here where some girls actually want their heads to look bigger, lol, or at least the hair part.  I know many will use those big hair clips with giant flowers and feathers and things underneath the scarf to pouf it out, but I've heard rumors that some even attach stuff under there like empty plastic yogurt containers, lol, trying to get more height.  I haven't seen that myself to know if it's true; I mean, you often see girls in the mall restrooms adjusting scarves and things, so you can see the big clips, but I haven't noticed any, umm, hardware lol.  

On a related note, I wonder if there are lists like that for the local guys' headscarf (gutra)?  I've seen them struggling with it sometimes, I know from dh that there is a lot that goes into arranging it and keeping it arranged.  One afternoon I was waiting in a parking lot for one of the kids to come out from a lesson and there was a young lad who parked, got out of his car, and spent the next twenty-odd minutes adjusting and re-adjusting his headwear in the car window reflection.  lol.  So I guess we're not the only ones!  Plus I have never ever heard of a man using pins!

:lol:

#1: I don't tan, I burn....sunscreen...

#2 doesn't bother me, I find it actually  cooler on hot days....

#5: WHY>>>> make a long skirt and then 3/4 of it is sheer???? really??? or a nice blouse with sheer sleeves...

#7-10 : PINS!!!! :lol:  I have a whole box of corsage pins...the way I wear it requires 2 and I just keep going through the box, I used to buy the pretty decorative ones, but I gave up 

#14: Especially when you've been out all day and running after kids or the like.... :001_rolleyes:  

#17:  :willy_nilly:  I have used DDs jackets, prayer clothes all sorts of things

#21-22...YESSSSS!!! It's so complicated...print with plain top, plain with a floral skirt.... :tongue_smilie:

I've been asked #23 and #25, but not #24 (maybe I should get the pin just in case  :smilielol5: )

And I want the last shirt....just saying....