Menu

Pulling my hair out! Dance related

SquirrellyMama

I can't find Capezio seamless, transition tights that are Theatrcial Pink.  They are all Ballet Pink. Why?  Argh! 

Somebody please help :crying:

Kelly

If your studio wants you to have them, ask the studio where to get them!  Maybe there is a local shop.

If your studio wants you to have them, ask the studio where to get them!  Maybe there is a local shop.

They told us the place to get them and they didn't have that color.  When I called Capezio the rep said they may have made that color at one time but not anymore.  I'll ask the studio if there is another color.

Dance makes me nervous.  I'm not a good dance mom.  I'm a much better Tae Kwondo mom. There's no hair, make up, recitals and pictures in Tae Kwondo.

I hope it gets better with time.

Kelly

Do they have to be capezio?  danskin.com has theatrical pink

They must be Capezio. I have found other brands in the correct color.

How soon do you need them, and what size?  Diamond works at a dance shop, if they have any old stock you could mail order....  but I bet your studio will have an alternate color/brand.

I am getting the dance school owner to help me. I am hopeless in this area. I'm sure next year will be easier.

Kelly

Our place wanted light ballet pink.  Not light pink.  Not ballet pink.  Not theatrical pink.  I ended up putting her in ballet pink and it was fine- our place is not too fussy.  But, it was enough to make me crazy trying to find a color that somehow no longer exists.  Frustrating.  Good luck.

Tacking on my dance complaint:  DD's end-of-year performance is in a couple of weeks.  For months now it has been listed as Saturday at 2pm.  I scheduled a meeting 2 hours away that gets out at noon.  Yesterday I get notice that they changed the performance time to noon.  I can't miss the meeting.  Good thing there's a performance on Friday night, too.  Ugh!

I am back at wondering why they had to be capezio. I thought the colors were standardized, so once out of the package and being worn how would you know someone was in a different brand?

They're not.

Our studio does Bloch pink. Not Bloch light pink; because that one is darker than Bloch pink, and we need the lighter one.  :tongue_smilie: 

Do not get me started on the limited colors of "nude" under-leos!

Hugs to all the WTM dance moms buying shoes and tights, scrounging around for DIY costumes, and altering purchased ones!!!  Break a leg, WTM dancers!

:party:

I am back at wondering why they had to be capezio. I thought the colors were standardized, so once out of the package and being worn how would you know someone was in a different brand?

I assume she wants everything to be exactly the same. No chance for a color problem if everyone has the same brand and color. 

Kelly

Tacking on my dance complaint:  DD's end-of-year performance is in a couple of weeks.  For months now it has been listed as Saturday at 2pm.  I scheduled a meeting 2 hours away that gets out at noon.  Yesterday I get notice that they changed the performance time to noon.  I can't miss the meeting.  Good thing there's a performance on Friday night, too.  Ugh!

That would be really annoying.  Glad you get to go a different night.  We have 3 nights of recitals, but our family is only going to one night.  I said I'd volunteer the other two days. I can't imagine going to all 3.  The recital location is just a couple blocks from our house so the girls can walk themselves over.

Kelly

It turns out that the new name is Ballet Pink.  We have everything ordered. Let's hope it gets here by picture day :001_unsure:   I need a glass of wine!

Kelly

OK great!

Body Wrappers Ballet Pink is a very close match to Capezio Theatrical Pink if you need to grab a pair just for picture day.

No one has questioned my dd's ballet pink tights. We haven't ever considered brand. From my viewpoint all the girls' legs look the same. Now, dance dresses are very specific. We had a problem in the fall because we couldn't find this year's practice dress in dd's size. She needs an adult size. Well, we ended up with the largest child size. It is stretched so much that it is no longer opaque--so on the days she wears the uniform she is permitted to wear a bra made to go under dance attire. Thankfully, advanced students don't have to wear a uniform dress to class often.