Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Ran out of one med. and I don't see the doc for a refill until Monday.  Not sure how Sunday is going to go. . . .

Church?  Stay home?  Not sure yet.

I know that I'm not going with the rest of the family to continue to move the in-laws.  (It never ends. . . )

Laundry

Clean kitchen

Pay those bills because I didn't do it yesterday or today.

Pharmacy 

Lets see

- dishes- dh and dd1 did them for me :)

- laundry (has to be done before dd1's friend goes home, her gloves are in there)- done

- nap- done

- start boiling down sap- it's still frozen so will start in the morning

- dinner- meat pulled to thaw- done

- go to store for cheese cloth and pint jars- done

- bedtime routine- done

Woke with a sinus headache after a super-long drive home (I crawled in first gear for 10 freaking miles on 95 due to an accident!).

Today:

--check with dd her English progress; make sure all is finished for the week

--Costco (dh volunteered)

--laundry

--start thinking about the garden, six weeks late :(

--plan my week

--plan school for the week

--read Bravewriter's "Help for High School" (academic writing) I bought at the VaHomeschooler's conference

--exercise, depending on headache

Home has won out over church today.  I could make myself go but it would be forcing it.  I'm only good for short 15 minute bursts and then I need to rest.  That would be very difficult at church.  Ds is going to take over my class - which is good since he has a couple of friends joining us via Skype.  (The class is going through video lessons right now so most of the teaching is done by the video anyway.)

#2 and I got up early and went to the grocery. I wanted to pick up a few things that were on sale.

Now we are all just hanging out and doing our own thing.  

The house looks pretty clean YAY!

I'll cook lunch in a bit and we may watch a movie.

The weather has turned cooler again and it's raining so whatever we do will most likely be indoors.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

I took the whole weekend off work because my teens were supposed to be gone, but then their dad decided to just make it a 1 day visit.  So I am home today and don't have to go anywhere to get them.  It's going to be a busy day here as a result

clean the alcove between kids rooms

pull mirrored tiles off wall

patch any damage to wall

tsp alcove walls

sand and prime the patched up places in the livingroom

sand and prime the patched up places in the alcove

repaint the patched places in the livingroom (remember this room was lazured so this repainting job will take a while to get the blending good enough to hide them)

paint the alcove walls

paint the trim/doors in the alcove (these at the kids bedroom doors)

install new door knob to boys room door

clean up painting mess from both rooms

finish regular clean up of mess in livingroom

post pictures on my 40 bags group

laundry

soak in the tub

But first...breakfast :)

Put on a timer for 15 minutes and in that time I:  got dressed - including socks for the first time in over a week!  Woo hoo!  Made beds, fed the dogs - a bit later than normal but they weren't begging for food so I think they're ok.  

I'm now on a 15 min. rest timer.  Then if I've recovered enough, I'll put on the timer for 15 more minutes and will do what I can in that time.  

I sort of cheated.  After resting for 15 min. on the computer, I then worked for 15 min. on the computer and got 15 min. of Khan Academy done.  That met my goal of working on math for a bit every day plus gave me some extra rest time for my body.  

Now I get 15 min. of real rest - actually, forget that, I'm going to get up and get something done for 15 minutes.  

Jean--hoping you do well without your meds, and  please take it easy...you need to take care of yourself!

Brandy--wow, that's some list, but I'm glad it ends with you doing something enjoyable and relaxing!

The convention was a lot of fun, and we got home very late last night.

Already done:

church

lunch out

relaxing after we got home

Still to do:

go clean the office

make a list of curricula I liked, what still needs to be ordered, and plan a schedule to spread out the cost over the next few months

get a school plan together for this week

make a meal plan and shopping list for this week

look at Southern Savers website to see which grocery store has the most of what I actually need on sale

get school stuff together before in the morning

Stuck at the computer under a napping dh, which is similar to a napping baby!  Hope I don't have to go to the bathroom!  ;)

Made a nice lunch after church.

Made food for the large pot bellied pig at the local Humane Society.

Ordered some things on line for my dad who doesn't have a computer.

Later:

Taking littlest dd with me and going to drop off donations and to Big Lots.

Taking it slow and easy the rest of the evening in preparation for my busy week which happens to be my last week of work at my current job.  :)

Woke up this morning all disoriented and thinking it was Monday.  I completely skipped Sunday in my head.  lol

Good Afternoon, Ladies!

It's another beautiful day out. A California Classic, as our weatherman puts it!

Went to church this morning. Had a good discussion on Irrestible Grace in Sunday School this morning. (Don't know how many Dark Siders are on this thread)

Now, lunch is over and I'm going to relax, while poor Dh fixes my oven. It has issues. If we have to replace it, this will be the single most expensive month in the history of our marriage (besides the month we got married). We've had to replace all the tires on the Sienna, last weekend our 30 year old second hand dryer gave up the ghost, so we got a new one and now.... The oven! Sigh!

OK - mail sorting and bill paying morphed together into a 45 min. session.  Since it was mostly seated though, it wasn't too rough on the body.  Looking at the bills and paying them though was rough on the stress hormones!  I still have some medical bills to sort through and pay but I'll take a break before tackling them.  

OK - mail sorting and bill paying morphed together into a 45 min. session.  Since it was mostly seated though, it wasn't too rough on the body.  Looking at the bills and paying them though was rough on the stress hormones!  I still have some medical bills to sort through and pay but I'll take a break before tackling them.  

KrissiK, I hate to appear dumb, but what's a Dark Sider? 

We went to clean a little later than planned because dh fell asleep. I hope I can get everything done I wanted to. Dd asked me on the way home if we could watch the last Call the Midwife. We have just that one left from this past season. I'll definitely make time for that! 

Not KrissiK, but I take it to mean a Calvinist.

ETA:  We posted at the same time.  I don't know if there is a difference between Reformed Theology and a Calvinist.  Curious now.

Yeah, sort of, though I'm not sure of the finer points. I use the term interchangeably, but I think that people who are truly Reformed also hold to infant baptism, and although I understand the argument for, and we are Presbyterian, I am still credo-Baptist. So, I guess technically I'm Calvinist.

Yeah, sort of, though I'm not sure of the finer points. I use the term interchangeably, but I think that people who are truly Reformed also hold to infant baptism, and although I understand the argument for, and we are Presbyterian, I am still credo-Baptist. So, I guess technically I'm Calvinist.

Thanks for the explanation.  This was my thought, but I wasn't completely sure since I am on the outside looking in.

alcove clean, tiles removed from wall, all damaged areas puttied.  Supper simmering on stove.  Doing this much took longer than planned because I had a bad afternoon with the boys.  But now moving forward again.  Have to wait for the putty to dry enough to sand in the alcove, so after dinner I will be focusing on the sanding and repainting in the livingroom first.  Luckily once the sanding and washing of the walls in the alcove is done, it will be fast to paint, this space is smaller than most walk in closets.

alcove clean, tiles removed from wall, all damaged areas puttied.  Supper simmering on stove.  Doing this much took longer than planned because I had a bad afternoon with the boys.  But now moving forward again.  Have to wait for the putty to dry enough to sand in the alcove, so after dinner I will be focusing on the sanding and repainting in the livingroom first.  Luckily once the sanding and washing of the walls in the alcove is done, it will be fast to paint, this space is smaller than most walk in closets.

Nice alliteration.  :)

livingroom painting touch ups appear to be done.  I will know for sure tomorrow in the sunlight.  alcove has to wait until tomorrow, I ran out of sandpaper for the sanding bit so on the way home from work at 830am I have to hit the hardware store and pick up more before I can carry on.