Menu

We are LOVING Cosmos!!!

We are really enjoying it too!

Science has really taken a back seat here as my dd is spending so much time on her Latin class. Cosmos has been just the thing to get us through to the end of the semester. All four of us watch it "on demand" Monday morning! It's great!

My kids are really enjoying it.  I wish it were a little more meaty, myself - less dramatic music and shots of NdGT sitting on the deck of the imaginary spaceship . . . but it's good.  I have a little bit of a crush on Carl Sagan, I think he's a hard act to follow.

This made me smile. I felt the same way. My 6yo on the other hand said "why does he just keep talking so much?" I want to see the imagination spaceship"

I guess it's hard to strike the right balance for a TV audience. It's just right for a 12 year old. Perhaps that's a sad commentary on the science education of the general populous.

This made me smile. I felt the same way. My 6yo on the other hand said "why does he just keep talking so much?" I want to see the imagination spaceship"

I guess it's hard to strike the right balance for a TV audience. It's just right for a 12 year old. Perhaps that's a sad commentary on the science education of the general populous.

:iagree: completely!

We are liking it, too! I also wish there was a little more meat. (Which is really saying something, because I DO NOT consider myself well educated when it comes to science - though I'm trying to learn.)  My non-scientific minded DH and my kids are loving it. I understand that they are the target audience and I think Cosmos is hitting that target right on.

We are LOVING Cosmos!!!

LOVING!!!!! 

That is all. :D

Aw, shucks. :001_wub:

:lol:

ETA: I always feel like I should have a disclaimer that I picked my username after my favorite flower. It wasn't until later that I realized how grandiose it seemed to name myself after the entire universe.

Aw, shucks. :001_wub:

:lol:

ETA: I always feel like I should have a disclaimer that I picked my username after my favorite flower. It wasn't until later that I realized how grandiose it seemed to name myself after the entire universe.

When I first read the thread title, I totally thought she was talking about you!  :lol:

LOVING!!!!! 

That is all. :D

Yes, yes, yes! We're watching it through Amazon, and await each week's episode with great anticipation.

:wub:

I know this totally dates me, but it takes me back to my childhood, watching the original series with my mom and dad!