Menu

If pot was leagalized in your state...

SharonM

I have horrible GI issues since having my gallbladder out. I went through a period years ago where my stomach hurt all. the. time. no matter what I ate. They did a scope, and found out that my stomach wasn't emptying all the way. Just a hit or two for like a week was enough to alleviate the stomach pain so that I could eat without wanting to throw up afterwards. I think that it not only helped the nausea, but it also relaxed my digestive system so that my stomach could sort of get back to normal. I never felt strange or anything, never got hooked. I also slept really well for that week, which was also helpful, since my heartburn kept me from being able to lie down all the way.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, in my mind it's still a drug and the only time I take drugs is when they are prescribed. I also heard that today's "strains" are much more potent than what was around in the 70's and 80's. I grew up in a an anti-(street)drug environment and never had any desire to try drugs.

No, in my mind it's still a drug and the only time I take drugs is when they are prescribed. I also heard that today's "strains" are much more potent than what was around in the 70's and 80's. I grew up in a an anti-(street)drug environment and never had any desire to try drugs.

I'm not even big on prescription drugs that are prescribed unless "I" totally understand and agree with the reason for it (for me, of course - again - I don't care what others do).  I have a handful of prescriptions from over the years that I never used once I looked up info about them.

I'm just a big believer that the body often takes care of itself if given the chance (and some healthy living).  Granted, that's "often" and not "always."

Regarding alcohol, we only drink on vacation or when being polite in company.  That averages out to less than 6 drinks per year.

I see no reason why smoking (anything) ever needs to be done to be polite and it's certainly not anything I care to do on vacation as I don't see it being good for the lungs.  I detest all kinds of smoke.

Eating it?  Like other drugs, I'd need to be convinced of its value.  For me and my current situation, it has none.

There are kids who use it at school (of course).  None of them would make my "promising future" list.  Some may outgrow it and do well anyway - one never knows - but I fail to see how drug use "helped." 

Today's strains are FAR more potent than earlier ones.  Having spent nearly two decades as a prosecutor and having attended lots of training explaining the neurological effects of various substances (particularly the impact on the teenage brain), I am quite firmly in the "Just Say No." camp.

That's... interesting (for lack of a better word.)

I spent several years with major potheads.  Lots of bumming when the stash was empty, but I can't say I ever saw anyone rage. 

Then you clearly never saw my ex husband.

Zero desire. I don't like taking anything at all mind-altering our possibly addicting. I don't even drink caffeine because I've seen many members of my family addicted to it, and the idea of "needing" something my body doesn't *actually* need - just so I can feel normal- skeeves me out.

It's legal in CA with a script. It's not a big deal IMO. I know plenty of adults who use MJ and still manage to pay their taxes and lead productive lives. Shrugs.

Yeah - I have a whole family full of them.  They own businesses.  They pay taxes.  They don't drive under the influence.

No different than drinking alcohol.