Menu

thrift shop score!

swellmomma

I decided to stop in at the thrift shop near work to find some electronic items for the kids to take apart at daycare this week since everything was 1/2 price.  Since I had a couple minutes to spare Ii decided to look around and found a beautiful fall jacket for dd6 for next year that only cost me $2. But the sore came when dd6 pointed out a cardboard box under a bookshelf, I looked inside and found Sonlight science 1 IG, and SL language arts 1 TG and student activity sheets in a separate binder.  You would never guess what I paid for them....$3 total for all 3.  I already had SL core B that goes with that LA and science so now dd6 is all set for the fall, I owned most of the books already and those I don't I should be able to get from the library.  AND I found a mathlinks 7 workbook for the teens to review with once we get through zeta, it only had 3 pages done in pencil so I can erase them, the rest was untouched.  I paid 25cents for that workbook.  I found a few other things like books that we wanted to read but didn't want to buy new, and whatnot.  All in all I bought the 3 SL items, the coat, the workbook, a bunch of books, a dvd, electronics for the daycare and an uno jr game all for $10.  I love when I get a huge score like that.  Finding homeschooling stuff in there is nearly unheard of, there are less then a dozen homeschoolers in the whole region.  I should post on the facebook group and ask who donated their cores and if they had more to get rid of.