Menu

Arbonne Spa party - how much pressure to buy??

PrincessMommy

I have a friend who is hosting an Arbonne party.  She's done this a couple of times already but I've always refused.  This time its a spa theme:  Foot treatments and facials.   I'm a little more interested in going to that (okay, a lot more interested :closedeyes: )... but wondering what the pressure to buy or to host my own party will be like?

Does Arbonne push the hard-sell on it's distributors?

I have only been to one Arbonne party.  I felt that particular seller was medium-pushy, but I think it will vary from person to person.  Arbonne products are pretty expensive IMO, so I think they are used to the fact that not everyone is going to be interested in spending that much.  Personally, I use primarily coconut oil and homemade vitamin C serum so I am not their target market!

However, I always try to buy one small thing at these types of parties so I bought a lipstick.  It was defective, it didn't come out of the tube when you turned the swivel, so I emailed the salesperson and she immediately replied and had a replacement shipped to me.  I also received a 10 day sample of their facial cleansing/moisturizing regimen.  I gave those to my friend who also got the same samples so she could try it for longer as she was seriously considering buying it, which I think she did. 

IME they are pushy.  After 1 party I was called repeatedly about new offers, inviting me to parties of people I did not know, etc.  I pretty much say 'no' to all these types of parties now.  Your experience may be completely different, though.

How comfortable are you with saying "no"? I have 0 problem with it, so pushiness at this type of thing bounces directly off me. You are in charge of your own self and your own monies, there is no reason to allow anyone else to make decisions for you about what you do or do not purchase.

I have only been to one and I felt like it was very pushy to host a party.  If I remember correctly, I was somehow coerced into signing up to host...maybe you could draw out of a bag for a discount and someone would get an "opportunity" to host.  Anyway, I never did and I felt a tad guilty.  I hate parties like that.  Good thing I am not invited anymore...lol.

If your definition of "pushy" is they asked once or twice, it's probably not something you'd enjoy especially if saying "no" makes you uncomfortable. If you have no issues with saying "No, thank you" and are mentally prepared to buy one small thing, you'll probably enjoy the evening out with your girlfriends.

Well, their stuff is extremely expensive, so it's hard to make a small polite purchase.

I agree. I think the cheapest thing, if memory serves, was a $12.00 box of their detox tea...it does have a pleasant flavor. Otherwise, I think even a single eye shadow is $22.00 as is lipstick and such. Maybe there is shampoo around $16.00 or so.

Ok, I haven't been to one in over a decade. I remember buying a few things. I doubt I spent more than $20, and I did like what I got, but it wasn't so magical I had to keep buying. It was a fun party with my friends. I'm guessing a lot could chance in 10 years.