Menu

Scholastic Dollar Deals are back!

mathnmusic

Sigh...I just duplicated a book I already had again. I NEED to remember to go through what I already have before I buy anything!

On the bright side, at least you know it's something you really wanted, right? :) (this coming from someone who has bought three copies of the same novel lol)

Anyone know if I can email a book that I buy? My step mom wants a human body book but it's too complicated for her to buy it. I already own a hard copy. Can I buy a dollar days one for her any email the file?

The make and learn human body books are great. There are two listed and I already own them both.

I can't wait to go through all the pages later today. Last night I bought the American history timeline and an American revolution pack.

:)

Anyone know if I can email a book that I buy? My step mom wants a human body book but it's too complicated for her to buy it. I already own a hard copy. Can I buy a dollar days one for her any email the file?

The make and learn human body books are great. There are two listed and I already own them both.

I can't wait to go through all the pages later today. Last night I bought the American history timeline and an American revolution pack.

:)

chelsmm you should be able to. I was able to download a file to my laptop and conceptually I should have been able to email it to my desktop. The trouble was that it was a huge file, so it was taking forever to add as an attachment. Can you put it on a memory stick and give that to her? That is what I ended up doing in the end (putting on memory stick, copying onto desktop). Otherwise, you could "zip" the file but if she isn't computer saavy, that might be worse than you walking her through the steps on the phone to order it.  

Sigh...I just duplicated a book I already had again. I NEED to remember to go through what I already have before I buy anything!

Their customer service rocks, they'll happily refund you. Just tell them your previous order # and date. They'll also exchange it for another $1 item. I use email to communicate with them, it's so much easier that way.

I should have mentioned that I'm not computer savvy!

Ones I have liked and used for 1 and 2 nd grade-

Mini books habitats. I just bought the mini book amer hx and it looks good.

The body book is great. I own the hard copy, but I'd rather have the ebook.

The human body mini books look promising but I just bought them tonight.

A riddle a day is cute for little kids.

I would love to browse this…but I keep getting error messages. Anyone else having trouble with the Scholastic site?

I am. I put things in my cart, but when I want to view it, it wants me to log in, and won't allow me to. Even after I created a new account, it wouldn't allow me to log in.

And things keep disappearing from my cart.  I'm thinking I should get a few things in the cart and then place the order and then go back to shop more.

Anyone used any of the writing ones?  As much as I like IEW, my kids are tired of it.  I was wondering if the Paragraphs made Easy or the Narrative Writing might at least give us a different type of assignment to work on.

If you had trouble ordering, you may want to check your bank account.  I just got a message saying that due to technical issues during the Dollar Deals sale, some orders were charged more than once.  Even though they said that the problem had been corrected, I do not see a refund in my account yet.  The customer service rep I talked to couldn't help me, so I am waiting to hear from someone who can.  I am really glad I didn't have a huge order since they charged me 5 times for 1 order.   :glare:

Ugh, so because you guys said they would give me a refund, I figured I'd ask, and so they gave me a $1 refund, and then I realized today, they expired all my other 16 downloads! I should not have bothered asking for a refund -- I can't believe this. So disappointed.

Ugh, so because you guys said they would give me a refund, I figured I'd ask, and so they gave me a $1 refund, and then I realized today, they expired all my other 16 downloads! I should not have bothered asking for a refund -- I can't believe this. So disappointed.

Write them again and explain what they did. They'll make it right. I've dealt with them quite a bit and have been really impressed with their customer service.