Menu

Best book for how to give boys at-home haircut?

The Supercuts and Great Clips do such a shoddy job in such a big hurry, that really, I think I can do this.  I know mine won't look great at first but some of the people I get seem like they haven't even been to hair school.  And either way I lose 20 bucks.  

If you have had success with a particular book which explains this, I'd love to hear it.

I remember when I bought our first pair of clippers 12 years ago.  My husband was a little nervous at the thought of us being homeschoolers AND cutting hair at home, lol.

Like the other posters, I have found youtube to be invaluable.  I don't even want to cut my 15yods's hair anymore, but he begs me to.  Other than cutting it a bit short, I haven't messed it up yet. Now I use scissors in addition to the clippers, and I'm even impressed by what I can do, thanks to youtube.

One piece of advice:  before using any ear guide, make sure you have the correct ear. I'm just sayin'.  ;)

I cut the hair in the family.

Eldest and dh are easy. One length all over. I have gotten more creative withy gets because he demands it. (once he explained his idea of a perfect hair style. He described a mullet. I showed him pictures of a mullet, and he loved it. ... Right now he has what is called a space mullet, once skinny little braid Jedi style.

One tip. If you take off the attachment clip to shave the back of the neck, don't then start shaving the top of the head because you missed a spot.... And if you do so and put a bald spot on the top of your husbands head, run far and fast ... Especially if it is the second time have done so.

I just read the instruction booklet that came with the clippers, only I tend to use slightly longer attachments than it suggests. For the bangs I use scissors only, first to cut across to the length I want, and then sideways to make the bangs blend in evenly with the clipped hair.