Menu

A Beka now sold @ Christianbook.com!

I just got a chance to look at the CBD homeschool catalog that came in the mail yesterday and was amazed to discover they are now selling all of Abeka's products. I wonder if Abeka realized their disadvantage finally or if they are finally ready to branch out & let someone else get some of the profit from their highly expensive offerings?

For me, it means I don't have to make a trip to The Big City to their homeschool display in order to get free shipping on the few products I use of theirs. And, there seem to be more/different samples online to look at on CBD.

It looks like everything is the same price, but CBD offers free shipping codes several times a year. A Beka's shipping prices are outrageous.

None of the Abeka books I've clicked on at CBD have any kind of preview available.

They don't have previews at CBD but I went to the Abeka site for the previews and then purchased from CBD.  The Abeka site is much better than it used to be for finding/viewing previews. 

Weird. The ones I clicked on before I posted this were Math worktexts and they all had previews (more & different than the Abeka site). I've since "branched out" to check on this & see that not all of them have previews. (Must have just been my 'luck'.)

I haven't seen ANYthing from Abeka (email or on their site) that says they will ship free to homeschoolers. If you go to their product displays, you can get free shipping. For us, that's at least a seventy-five minute drive. If I don't have to look/preview anything on site, it makes more sense to just order it w/free shipping through CBD.