Menu

what are your favorite Peter O'Toole movies

Jeannie in NJ

my favorite is My Favorite Year which is also one of my very favorite movies (not just favorite O'Toole movie).  I watch it over and over.   I also love Man of La Mancha.     And he was so pretty in Lawrence of Arabia, along with Omar Sharif.  I saw that one time on the big screen as a re-release in Hollywood.

Lawrence of Arabia is an achievement.  But the movies that I truly enjoyed him in were Becket, A Lion in Winter (I've watched that several times - love it!) and,  Heavy Weather .  That one is based on a book by Wodehouse and I'd enjoy seeing again.  Sadly it's hard to come by since it was a British tv movie.   O'Toole played an aristocratic eccentric whose prize pig was the delight of his life. 

My Favorite Year, Lawrence of Arabia, Venus, The Stunt Man, *all* his delightfully hammy roles... Man of La Mancha, etc.  (I can't get enough of hammy Peter o'Toole... nobody could do it like him). But I can watch him in anything, even Creator.