Menu

White Cabinet Color

justme824

I'm painting my kitchen cabinets in January and I need to pick a color. There are TOO many choices available to me and it is making me crazy. I am looking for a crisp, but warm white. I will also be painting our kitchen island a teal color - any ideas???

Oh, and I'd like to paint my walls a warm gray. Something not to cement looking, but not too brown either. I'd like to keep them pretty light because I don't want to darken my house.

Any and all ideas are so greatly appreciated :)

I'm painting my kitchen cabinets in January and I need to pick a color. There are TOO many choices available to me and it is making me crazy. I am looking for a crisp, but warm white. I will also be painting our kitchen island a teal color - any ideas???

Oh, and I'd like to paint my walls a warm gray. Something not to cement looking, but not too brown either. I'd like to keep them pretty light because I don't want to darken my house.

Any and all ideas are so greatly appreciated :)

Are you going with straight color or are you doing any distressing? When you say teal island, I can only envision a cottage-style look, which I imagine as having a character treatment.

I painting my kitchen last year in a grey that is towards the warm side. It was named "Touchstone" and is available at Sherwin Williams or Duron. I also liked "Stonehenge," on the same spectrum. 

My bathroom cabinets are Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee. (There's also a Behr Swiss Coffee which is a different color... Any paint brand will color match across brands. They have the formulas in their computers.) The walls are BM Titanium. Grays and whites are so hard! I got a zillion samples and painted large pieces of poster board so I could move it around. It really depends on the light and other colors around the room (floor, counters, appliances, etc.).

"BM Titanium?" Seriously? Who names these colors? 

The 5 year old, potty mouth in me is  :rofl:

I think the BM is for Benjamin Moore. But, yeah, sometimes the names are so out there. 

Sometimes the name really does influence the perception. Dh painted part of the basement in "Ironhorse" - a dark grey. I swear, he just likes the name. Sounds like a motorcycle. 

I'd look at BM White Dove for the cabs and SW Sea Salt for the island.

Oh, I missed the teal island. Pretty!!! SW Sea Salt is on my bathroom ceiling. :) That whole strip of colors is lovely. BM Soft Chinchilla is a nice teal too. There's a blog called House of Turquoise that has tons of great pics of teal and turquoise paint colors.

I used BM white dove on mine almost a year ago. Our walls are a taupey gray color and it's just lovely together. I would figure for sure your wall color and make sure your white goes well with it. It amazed me how some whites complimented our wall color much better.

Good luck, I sure love my white cabinets.

My bathroom cabinets are Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee. (There's also a Behr Swiss Coffee which is a different color... Any paint brand will color match across brands. They have the formulas in their computers.) The walls are BM Titanium. Grays and whites are so hard! I got a zillion samples and painted large pieces of poster board so I could move it around. It really depends on the light and other colors around the room (floor, counters, appliances, etc.).

Not always. We found a Disney paint color we loved. Home Depot refused to mix it on paints other than what Disney recommended saying it was patented and not allowed. We had to get a similar paint chip from another brand to get the color we wanted.

Not always. We found a Disney paint color we loved. Home Depot refused to mix it on paints other than what Disney recommended saying it was patented and not allowed. We had to get a similar paint chip from another brand to get the color we wanted.

Disney does tend to be protective of its stuff... You could color match off the chip. Rip off the ears and it's just another color blob! 

Do use test swatches--on various points on the wall, poster board you can move around, or similar. I was shocked at how different various colors looked in different rooms or even positions here. We have all the same flooring in the upstairs of this house and painted while it was empty, so it was purely lighting.