Menu

I too finally took pictures of our school room

flickr has an option to upload pictures. click upload. it brings up box with the same folder system as your computer has ;) click the ones you want to upload. then in the kinda upper right hand corner it has a 'share' button. it offers you to email someone or give you the code to post. copy the code line. paste it here. people go see your photos.

easy! come on, you can do it! I will teach you this if you will come help me with this quilt ! :tongue_smilie:

I really, really like those bookcubes. Where didya get them?

I got them at an unfinished wood store long long ago. But every wood store has the same kind...we put a clear coat on them ourselves, but you could easily paint them fun colors...

but they are not attached. so I can move them around easily for different configurations. They used to be a single layer under the big window...so lots of flexibility and I think it was $30 for each one(each one is 3 cubes together). but they also usually sell single or double sizes. they are super sturdy and a much better deal than the cheapo wood kind.

Thanks for this. I think I have seen these in an unfinished wood store back in Virginia where I used to live. So, you only applied a clearcoat? Are they pine or oak? The color is great. No, if I got some I would stain, not paint. I'm not a painted-wood sort of gal. They remind me a little of some bookshelves that DH made for underneath our windows--I call them my "four-square" bookshelves. They look a little like yours but they are one piece, and as the name implies, have only four squares to your nine. But some of those book cubes would be great in our playroom. Ah well, so little money, so much to spend it on!

Awesome!! And we have that exact same trampoline in our schoolroom!! If you wanna see our schoolroom, you have to go see the on-line tour of our house, which is currently for sale...

http://www.openhouseok.com

click on "view listings by city", then click "Tuttle". Scroll down to 861 CS 2922 for $188,500. That's us!! Once you get to the pictures, the "bonus room" is our schoolroom/playroom. The 1st picture is of the stairs, so you'll have to cycle through (using the arrows) to view the pics of the bonus room/schoolroom. Ignore the last picture which is my oldest daughter's bedroom and is on the other side of the stairs! I don't know why they included it with the bonus room pics.

We have a mini tramp too and it's a sanity saver for me with my darling son... :glare: Nice to see others with the same bright idea.

I've played with the idea of getting a mimi tramp for my 4 yr ds. Any particular you might recommend?

I also like the book cubes. Might need some of those for the boys' room.

we got a trampoline years ago for the youngest b/c we lived in a very small place and she needed an outlet for her energy. now we use the trampoline for wiggly days. My kids ask for/love school but some days focus is short and they are allowed to jump during math or between subjects if they need to get some wiggles out. they love the movement and I love that on days when science isn't so fun they can stick it out to finish our readings and such.

I bought our trampoline at Target on clearance before Christmas years ago. I haven't seen one like it since. we only spent $30. We about died trying to put it together though. I have seen other size trampolines with the folding handbar for $99 in many places. not sure if they are easier to put together though :D

for young kids I highly recommend a trampoline. The jumping area is needed for our family. We don't spend all day doing school but some days even 10minutes seems forever, lol.

And when friends come over...they all want to jump. It's been a worthwhile investment :)

the smaller poster are stapled to the wall. easy to remove when I need to and doesn't leave huge holes.

the large posters have push pins but could hang with staples, just more of them. so I used push pins. We tried several other 'non marking' stuff and the posters just fell down. so I can deal with a few holes in the wall to keep it up.