Menu

Christmas Party - need sandwich ideas

Just Kate

We are going to an annual Christmas party next week and the food theme is Soup and Sandwiches. There are already several soups being made (and desserts!) but not many sandwiches. I need some sandwich suggestions that will transport well. So far, the only ones on the list are ham and cheese sliders.

Thanks!

If you can assemble there, chicken salad on croissants is a favorite.  Sam's Club has a REALLY yummy one (not low-fat! lol) that is about the only premade chicken salad I'd ever buy.  I tasted it on their sample day and that would be quick and easy.  Just add a little baby green lettuce, maybe?  I have a think of mini croissant sandwiches, though.  lol

Take a French baguette and split it. Or two.

Get a jar of roasted peppers and purée a few slices in the blender with about half a cup of your favorite Italian or Caesar dressing (I like Paul Newman's). Spread that on the bread.

Layer on provolone, ham, salami, pepperoni, whatever Italian meats you like.

Close the loaf and wrap it in plastic wrap or waxed paper as tightly as you can. You can lay down two pieces slightly overlapping first, then place sandwich on top and roll. You want to press everything together a little without mangling the bread.

Stick it in the refrigerator for a few hours. Then unroll and slice.

This works with pesto and dressing or pesto and mayo too, if you want to use some turkey or chicken.

Deli meat--ham, turkey, roast beef and some cheddar and swiss cheese on bakery buns.  Our local grocery stores also make sub sandwiches for parties if you want to just pick something up

Roll ups or pinwheels--mix cream cheese, chopped green onion, chopped black olives and spread on a tortilla, add thinly sliced ham, roll up and slice

Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants

Meatballs in a crockpot, sub buns, parmesan cheese

Make your own wrap--take an assortment of wraps, meats, raw veggies, cheeses, condiments, sauces, etc

French Dip Crescents http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/02/french-dip-crescents.html

We love the cranberry chicken salad that you can get premade at Sam's and Costco.  You can also buy ciabatta bread there, a baguette, or a whole host of other nice artisinal breads.

Buy some of the spreadable butter, or soften some real butter (hey…it's the holidays)…and spread it on both sides of the bread.  It will help protect it from the moisture from the salad.  Then put the salad on, really nice romaine lettuce, and fresh tomatoes.  Delish.  Slice into manageable portions and put one of those fancy toothpicks in it. :)

You can also buy frozen spiral sandwiches at both places which are easy-peasy.

Costco also sells it's on spiral sandwiches in its prepared area.  You can get a whole bunch of turkey and provolone ones for about $10.

Living in the South, pimento cheese is quite popular.

You could also make a crock-pot full of BBQ chicken or beef to make sandwiches with on the King's Hawaiian Bread or Sister Shubert frozen rolls. 

If you can find pretzel rolls, there's nothing better than ham or turkey on one of those… spread with butter and mustard, and maybe a pickle.