Menu

Starting my Fiesta collection--Albertsons/Kohl's deal FYI

AndyJoy

If you have Albertsons near you they are offerring a $20 food coupon (good for one week) when you spend $100 on select gift cards. Kohl's is included, so I bought a card and used it to get 4 Fiesta dinnerware sets which are $23.99 each online until tomorrow at 3:00 I think. There is free shipping on orders of $50 or more. I just wish I'd spent a few dollars more to reach $100 because I would have gotten $30 in Kohl's cash instead of $15. We'll be in "big town" during the Kohl's Cash window so I can pick up something else too. I'm excited to replace my chipped Walmart dishes for such a good deal!

My MIL is getting me 4 settings for Christmas too! You know you're getting old when you're excited about dishes, LOL.

I'm sorry. You may absolutely NOT post about Fiestaware without saying WHAT COLOR YOU'RE GETTING!

( I got 2 Flamingo plates at JCP last night for $7 each. They have their FW on clearance.)

Ha, ha! I love bold Mary Engelbreit prints/colors in my kitchen so I'm getting lots of colors to mix! I ordered shamrock and sunflower, MIL got me lapis and plum, and dh ordered scarlet too, I just discovered. Black is on my wish list to finish it off later.

We're slowing transitioning from our old dishes to fiesta ware. Already have the gusto bowls, the salad plates, and a mix of the java mugs, and the huge 18 oz mugs. Mostly in plum, and a couple bowls in black before we decided we wanted all purple/plum. I had to buy new towels, and kohl's was having a sale and giving back kohl's cash. So now I not only have new towels coming for the bathroom, but I also have a set of 4 demitasse cups which should be here later this week. The kohl's cash will probably go to the stacking 8 oz cereal bowls. I ordered one to make sure we like the shape, and if we do, I'll order as many as I can with the credit. 

Just happens that I also have a Gift card to Macy's, who also have fiesta on sale. So it's time to start buying plates! My problem is, the dinner plate doesn't seem to fit my dishwasher well. So I'm wondering, for those of you that have them, are the luncheon plates big enough to use as everyday plates? If so, I'll order some this week, as many as I can with the gift card while they're on sale and offering free shipping.

I buy mine on ebay now.  I've even gone the local route and picked up the ebay purchase myself.  I bought a casserole dish with lid (in Cobalt Blue) for under $10 recently.  Fiesta is wonderful.  I love that you can add to it if you need more or if you break some.  My mother spent serious money on a nice ceramic non-Fiesta set.  She is now spending serious money snapping up every dinner plate of that pattern that hits ebay because it hasn't been made in 15 years. 

When I looked this afternoon to spend my kohl's cash, everything I wanted to buy was sold out, and they don't sell my color in the local store. Then I Checked Macy's to spend my gift card and they're sold out of the luncheon plate in the color I want. All around fiesta fail! Luckily my macy's gift cards will be good forever, I'll try to catch the next sale. I need to figure out what to buy at Kohl's in the next week though.

Yep, first world problems. :)