Menu

Poll and Pictures of the Kitty! (Update in #66)

fourcatmom

Name the Kitty!   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like the best?

• Hemi (DH's choice)
    • Harley (Mty choice)
    • Rhys (Older DD)
    • Alfie (younger DD)
    • Other, please specify

I voted Alfie. But if you're considering other names, our orange is Squirrel. Dd wants another orange so she can name it Pumpkin. But I think yours looks more like a Creamsicle or a Frosted Orange (a favorite beverage from The Varsity in Atlanta, much like a liquefied creamsicle) .

I can't vote yet. Y'all haven't had him long enough to know him.

In our family, we believe we have to live with our pets for several days until they know us well enough to tell us what their names are. :-)

In our family we name them right away.  And then we rarely actually use that name, because a nickname develops over time.  My BIL said he's going to stop asking us what we name our cats since we never use those names anyway.

Thanks everyone. I am starting to think that one of the reasons we can't agree on a name is because he's not meant to be ours long term. And, that's okay. We have had an interesting 48 hours to be sure! He is a good boy but was vomiting every time he ate up until this morning. He was such a good boy though that he would vomit in the cat box. What cat does that? Not mine! Tonight he really started getting comfortable and went from Good Boy to Ninja boy and started flying through the air attacking all the cats and running around like a crazed kitty. :scared: I told dd we should name him Ninja or Mac Attack. She wanted to name in Mac earlier today for mac and cheese.

And then he went to the bathroom and now there is blood in his poop. I am guessing it could be worms but I don't see any. He did get worm meds on Saturday.

We did trace the micro-chip back to a local rescue so we are waiting for a call back from them. We will go from there.

Just wanted to post an update: We spoke to the rescue yesterday and they were quite surprised that one of their kitty's was outside, lost. They were able to bring up the adoption info and he was adopted on October 13th. So, he wasn't there long. My neighbor said yesterday he had been outside for at least 2 weeks, so even before we saw him. They live about a half mile from us. We still can find no signs that they are looking for him. I know there name and have checked their facebook pages, no info, no pics, nothing of this little guy. The rescue called and left a message asking them to call back. Didn't give details. They also had a done a two week phone call on him to the owners on 10/30 and they never returned their call. They have until Saturday (which I think is to long) to call the rescue back. At that time, the rescue will either take him back or we will find him a home. They seemed to open to how we wanted to proceed. If we put him up for adoption through the rescue, we will continue to foster. He had all his shots and was neutered in late August but he is still showing some blood in his stools so I am getting more concerned that he might have some kind of infection. I am happy to know he had all his shots though since I have no idea how long he has been outside.

He is six months old, born in May. We have his name from the rescue but I will wait to post it. We are calling him Alfie for now.

We got a male orange/tan cat last month. The boys named him Ron after Ron Weasley, but when he gets on the counter, DH yells "Ron Howard" at him. He has been great cat so far, especially with what he puts up with from the 4yo!

at least your dh does not call him Ralph Malph.  Ds and I have been watching Happy Days on the Hub channel every day.

when he was a kitten, my boy Quiksilver had blood in his poop.  Turned out to be colitis and the vet had me give him very tiny amounts of peptobismol a couple times a day for a while and it went away.

I was actually reading about this last night. Seems likely that he could have picked up something like this from his time outside. He has his own cat box but he is sneaking into the other cats boxes and I am trying very hard to get it all out. I am worried that I might have to treat everyone? Not sure how all that works. I am going to call the rescue today and see if he can be seen by a vet?