Menu

Poll and Pictures of the Kitty! (Update in #66)

fourcatmom

Name the Kitty!   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like the best?

• Hemi (DH's choice)
    • Harley (Mty choice)
    • Rhys (Older DD)
    • Alfie (younger DD)
    • Other, please specify

You've gotta keep him!!! He's TOO CUTE!!!! :001_wub:

He looks Irish to me. I'm going off-list and voting PATRICK. :D

Or CUTIE PATOOTIE, which I think would be perfect for him.

If I had to choose from the list, I'd go with Alfie. I like Harley, but my friend's Doberman is named Harley, so it sounds like a dog name to me. :)

And our other cats are:

Rocky

Tiger

Jorden and Jax (brothers)

and they are all dark colored except one that has white but from the back they all look black and grey. This little guy sticks out for sure! I also liked Tucker or Tuck and Toby but those got voted out by my family. :confused1:  I am open to more ideas!

Seriously?

Wow, this mind control device thingie I bought on Amazon really works! :hurray:

PS. If you have a sudden urge to do the chicken dance, don't be alarmed.

Must.fight.urge.....     :willy_nilly:   :svengo:

Since it's late, can you mind control me into doing something less strenuous?  I'm sleepy and the chicken dance was a lot of work.  :p

Must.fight.urge..... :willy_nilly: :svengo:

Since it's late, can you mind control me into doing something less strenuous? I'm sleepy and the chicken dance was a lot of work. :p

OK. I'm done for the night anyway.

Tomorrow my dh is going Christmas shopping to buy lots of expensive gifts for me.

Ask me how I know..... :D

Our cat was named Harley when we adopted him from the animal shelter. Then some of the kids renamed him Jinx. However, I call him Kitty Cat and since I am She Who Must Be Obeyed around here, my minions mostly fall in line with that.

I voted Alfie, but Riley or Trick are cute, too!

Fivecatmom I mean 4catmom I just wanted to let you know I voted Harley. 

Also I was wondering do you own a African grey parrot.  If so do they make good pets? I've always wanted one.

Ha, Ha! :D Even my Husband who walks around saying, "we're not keeping him!" asks about him a minute later.

We love our Grey. She is 14 1/2 years old and a HUGE part of our family. We actually got her as our wedding present. She was about 6 months old when we brought her home. She is so funny and responds to us all the time. Sometimes the kids will ask me a question, like "can I get on the computer?" and she will yell out, "NO!" She really listens and responds, not just repeats. It's funny because sometimes when I say something I feel like I sound like the bird! She is so accurate with her voices.

Some of words are:

Mom, my kids names, Honey, all the cats by name except the last one which she will just meow, Go Niners GO GO GO!  Zombie, Hello and then a whole mumbled phone conversation followed with Okay, Bye-bye. What, Are you kidding me?, She mimics all my DH's noises, she coughs like me, she meows, she whistles, she beeps, she laughs, she burps, she farts (DH)

So many more but I can't think...very easy to take care of but they need stimulation. She loves to come out and walk around the floor. She is our master bedroom, she loves DH and but from our room in the corner that she is in she can see into the kitchen and the hallway and some of the living room so she still has views of the main living space. She knows my Dh's routine like clockwork and anticipates it. She really loves my DH and just realizes on me for all her basic needs. :D He's the fun one in her book!

She has a fairly large cage but Grey's are not too active either but almost like a German Shepard needs to have work, Grey's need to be stimulated. We talk to her all the time, she is part of the family. Clean the cage and offer good food. Buy from a breeder or good source if you can, read up on what they can't have. We are also home almost all the time so that helps. I wouldn't want her just sitting at home while we were at work all day.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It's a different experience when they know all your names, your voices and all your habits. It's like having another child and she is really fun to have around!

Our grey's name is Kenji

Your right Ellie, we probably won't pick any of those! :lol: Isn't that how it usually works?

He is such a good boy though. He has not made a peep since we took him in the car yesterday. He's eating/drinking and using the litter box but he has not complained once that he is in the bathroom. One of our cats sat by the door last night but that's been it. Nothing...just hanging out and being very content with his new space.

Not even one Meow out of him, is that normal? He just purrs....loud!

So jealous...he's adorable.

I voted to name him Harley. I thought it suited you story: we Harley knew where he came from, the cats were Harley disturbed by his sitting at the window, the kids could Harley wait to bring him in, he Harley makes a peep in the bathroom, we can Harley think about a day without him.

I think Harley has found his fivecathome.

But seriously, I think what you are doing for him is amazing. And I'm sure he does too.

So jealous...he's adorable.

I voted to name him Harley. I thought it suited you story: we Harley knew where he came from, the cats were Harley disturbed by his sitting at the window, the kids could Harley wait to bring him in, he Harley makes a peep in the bathroom, we can Harley think about a day without him.

I think Harley has found his fivecathome.

But seriously, I think what you are doing for him is amazing. And I'm sure he does too.

I LOVE it!

Well DH was up for about 10 minutes before I saw him walking down the hall with Kitty in his arms. Oh my goodness, he is worse then the kids! So, kitty has met everyone and explored the house some. Overall it went well. Our littlest guy, Jax wasn't too crazy about it all and ran away and hid and the oldest swatted at him a few times but he is really the Alpha so I expected this. Right now he is curled up on my dd's bed sleeping. So far, so good. It's seems the biggest issue is what to call him? Still have not heard him meow at all, just purring. I did hear him Meow when he was outside though so I know he can do it.

I voted other, but in keeping with the Irish theme I say Bailey (like the Irish cream :)) That's only because I always wanted to name a cat Bailey but I get outvoted every time we get another cat. Riley is good too.

If I have to pick one of your choices I say Alfie. Hemi and Harley are too "big" for him. 

The big question is: Are you going to have to change your name to fivecatmom?  :lol:

Well DH was up for about 10 minutes before I saw him walking down the hall with Kitty in his arms. 

You could name him Kitty. We had one named Kitty once. We also had one we named E.C., which stood for Extra Cat. We already had 3 and had no intention of keeping the extra one we found. Guess what happened. ;)

You could name him Kitty. We had one named Kitty once. We also had one we named E.C., which stood for Extra Cat. We already had 3 and had no intention of keeping the extra one we found. Guess what happened. ;)

That's the story behind #3 and #4 and that's why I am worried! We picked them up from a horrible neighborhood, skinny as can be and in terrible shape. Our "plan" was to foster and then find homes. I remember when Comcast came to our door and offered to take one home and we just couldn't part with them. That was three years ago. I really think most cats find their owners - we don't find them! :wub:

Our first cat was the only one we went out intentionally to get. #2 came home with us when we went to drop off fish at a friend's house to add to her pond. He was a stray kitten as well and needed a home. DH and the girls fell in love instantly. He is the most cuddly, adorable cat we have known and he came from outside as well. He is the one that is usually posted on my blog because he is the center of attention. :D

I can't vote yet. Y'all haven't had him long enough to know him.

In our family, we believe we have to live with our pets for several days until they know us well enough to tell us what their names are. :-)

So basically you're telling us that you have a houseful of cats named Meow.

And Woof the dog.

;)

one of my brothers is named Harley so that is what I voted for.  I like Riley also.

We have a big orange and white boy named Ginger.  Dd was 8 when we got him and had just read Ginger Pye which is about a BOY dog so dd wanted to name our boy cat Ginger.  And yes, we get comments all the time.

One of our rescue cats did not meow for 2 years but he has since made up for it.