Menu

Let's talk tote bags

momto10blessings

I use Duluth Pack's Sportsman Tote to carry school "stuff" (e.g., my books, work to be corrected, an iPad, etc.). My bag is three years old and looks as good or better than it did when I got it. Their tote variations include leather / canvas (like mine), wool/canvas, denim, and all-leather. Good-looking bags, and Duluth has a terrific guarantee. (I use one of their Field Satchels regularly, too.) I've had LL Bean and similar canvas totes, but they seem so bedraggled after just one tough season. The Duluth -- perhaps because of the leather handles, bottom, and trim -- just keeps going.

As a woman who is somewhat "bag obsessed" (*wry grin*), I often receive new bags for my birthday and/or Christmas. This year, it's looking like ColsonKeane's tote. My husband and daughters already gave me an early gift: the "Dan Bag" from Art over at Renaissance Leather. But I know the CK bag would get good use. It looks pretty yummy, too.

Do you like Etsy? Enter "leather tote" under "Handmade." I purchased an oversized mail-satchel style bag in suede last fall. Beautiful work. Compliments galore when I take it out. (It makes a great bag for the library or market.) And so reasonable. The fella who made my replica mail satchel is no longer making bags, but that was also a terrific Etsy purchase.

I know you said no to the thrity one bags but I use my organizing utility tote for that exact purpose but I added an open top file box to it and it is wonderful!  But I also needed something that would hold hanging folders.  I searched for a long time looking for something to meet my needs and that was the only thing that fit all my criteria. just thought that may be helpful

Thanks for the links. I'm looking for something to carry books, clipboards and notebooks. A nice pattern (floral maybe) and not thermal lined

I have a couple of LLBean canvas totes that are good for this. Very sturdy. I prefer the large size for outings. But we have an XL that we use for our library trips. Dh's dad used it for tools many years ago and except for being stained the fabric and seams have held up well for all these years.

I know you said no to the thrity one bags but I use my organizing utility tote for that exact purpose but I added an open top file box to it and it is wonderful! But I also needed something that would hold hanging folders. I searched for a long time looking for something to meet my needs and that was the only thing that fit all my criteria. just thought that may be helpful

The thirty one bags are awkward sizes. Not impressed with them