Menu

Is there a way to prevent a user from "friending" you?

Ginevra

:confused1:  Someone wants to friend you and you want to block them? 

Wow.  :blink:

I think this person is just friending in a spammy fashion. Not like they are reaching out to me to be friends, kwim? 

I'm baffled, is friending someone bad? While I've posted more recently, I am still not sure of board etiquette I guess.....

No. It's not bad. If we've "talked" in threads and I "know" you in the cybersense, no problem. But I don't want to be "friends" with anyone trolling around looking who they can add to their friend repertoire, see? 

I thought there was some sort of setting in the notifications to see when friends post. But I might have dreamed that up.

Not when they post, but you can set it so that you get a notification when a Friend updates their status. 

Huh. I've honestly never thought of anyone's having a "friend repertoire." Guess I'm out of some loop.

Did this person try to sell you something? Is that what you mean by "spammy"?

Huh. I've honestly never thought of anyone's having a "friend repertoire." Guess I'm out of some loop.

Did this person try to sell you something? Is that what you mean by "spammy"?

No, that's not what I mean by spammy. Did you see the troll recently who "like-bombed" members on this board? "Liking" someone's posts is generally a nice thing to do, but having 27 "likes" all the sudden from a member you don't "know" is a little weird. This is like that. I don't want to be listed as the "friend" of a member I don't know and have barely ever seen on these boards. 

It's possible that the member is someone else whom I would know, but since he/she hasn't revealed who he/she is and I can't tell otherwise, I'm not interested in being "friends."