Menu

----

I am thankful that the summer in DC was mild.

I'm thankful for the thunderstorm that just rolled in that hopefully signals the end of any hot weather.

I am so glad it's almost time to go to Mexico.

I am thankful my dh is defending his dissertation today.

I am thankful for ebooks, cheese, my boys, a car that works, vegetables, and peanut butter.

I'm thankful for my family and that dh is back from his month long work training on the mainland.

I'm thankful that we are taking the week off from school.

I'm thankful that ds seems like he is really going to enjoy playing football this season.

I'm thankful that even though the baby has been fussing/teething for two days that he's peacefully sleeping/nursing on my lap right now.

I'm thankful that the VA finally finished my claim (22 months after I filed it).

So I'll just stick to things that happened in the last four hours.

When I told Eldest he could do the dishes he said, "Yah!" and then washed almost two drying racks for of dishes. 

Youngest with help from Dh was content to compost all the icky things from the fridge. 

The Cribbage tournament between Dh and myself is still on. :) 

Dh then sat down and read the boys two chapters of, "The Phantom Tollbooth".

For the long road trip next weekend both kids picked out the same item from my list, "Story of the World #1"