Menu

Calvin: The Unexpected Gifted Kid

songsparrow

Thank you for sharing! Kiddo loves having related discussions about Calvin too, about how none of the adults seem to see him for who he is. I used to laugh along with the strips as a kid but now as an adult, I see so much into it there wasn't before.

BTW, C&H fans might also enjoy Nevin Martell's book and the upcoming documentary, Dear Mr Watterson.

I actually used Calvin and Hobbes strips in a presentation I did on giftedness in young children at a conference a few years back ;). DD loves Calvin and Hobbes. I suspect she and Draggy would happily move into a neighborhood with Calvin's family on one side, and Jason's family (from Fox Trot) on the other.

I actually used Calvin and Hobbes strips in a presentation I did on giftedness in young children at a conference a few years back ;). DD loves Calvin and Hobbes. I suspect she and Draggy would happily move into a neighborhood with Calvin's family on one side, and Jason's family (from Fox Trot) on the other.

Yeah, we want Caulfield from Frazz in our neighborhood. :o) He and my dd would really send our one neighbor over the top... Frazz can come too.

We've known in my household for years that Calvin was gifted, exceptionally smart, his energy misunderstood and his parents and teachers clueless about caring for/rearing him. My dad said it all the time back in the 90's when we'd read and laugh about his antics. "You all should know that Calvin is one of those genius kids, that's why he drives everyone so insane."

Thanks so much for posting this!  Love it!

Great comic relief for anytime.  For me, maybe when I find myself struggling to deal with whatever "intensity" is happening at that time, I can just pull out the C&H for the much needed laugh and a few minutes time to put things back in perspective.  :)