Menu

I figured ou what is wrong with my curriculum this year.....

Mommyfaithe

It is ugly. There is absolutely N0 color or beauty to it. The content is great. The execution is ugly. Now, I need to add beauty on a budget. Help! We are using

CLE for most subjects.... Veritas Press Explorers to 1815 for the younger 2 boys 11&9.

I don't thing I can stand an entire black and white or green/white year. If I am ready to barf after 2 weeks, no wonder there is rebellion amongst the troops! Off to buy some pretty notebooks, sparkly pens and markers and maybe some tie dye t shirts!

Have you thought about adding in artist and music composer studies?  Even if the workbooks aren't pretty, maybe add color and beauty on the table, on the walls where you do school?  And add in more fun art projects throughout the day?  Play classical music in the background while you work?  Schedule in creativity times?  Invite dc to pick a topic they want to study and set aside time each day for that?

We use CLE for math as well and I agree that it is a bit bland. My boys are using Sharpie ultra fine pens to do most of their work this year. If I had known before how much fun they would have writing in multicolor I would have provided these pens/markers before. The love of multicolored writing utensils has infiltrated all assignment at this point.  :hurray:

Hmmmm.....coloring in the pages somehow? Time waster or prettifier? Hmmmmmm

Depends on the child. My dd often colored in the CLE pages a little and drew little pictures on them. Even my son, now that I think of it, would sometimes draw silly little pictures on his CLE pages.

This is making me laugh a bit. My second ds, who has used Singapore and Math Mammoth, switched to Horizon's this year. Friday he came to me and said, "My math book hurts my eyes. There are too many colors." You just can't tell--what some people like, others complain about. LOL

Sorry about your bland curriculum. I love many of the ideas you've been given. (Maybe we can trade math.:-) )