Menu

In search of a great turkey or chicken salad recipe

mlktwins

I'm not the best cook in the world and I've only ever made tuna salad with tuna, mayo, onions, and relish -- LOL!  I've never made a turkey or chicken salad and I have some nice turkey breast to do something with.  Any suggestions? 

I'm a Miracle Whip kind of girl :-), but will eat regular mayonnaise too.

Thanks so much!

BLA5 posted this in the cucumber thread the other day:

My sister makes a chicken salad with red grapes, cucumber, apple, pecan, a little mayo, chunked chicken breast, and pepper and garlic salt to taste.

Day one is yum; day two we fight over it!

We tried it and it was to die for.

Our most favorite recipe for chicken salad was one that my sister-in-law made for us. No recipe was given, just a list of ingredients.

It called for chopped chicken, dried cranberries, chopped cashews, finely minced onions, shredded cheddar (or whatever cheese you prefer) and then mayo to moisten. LOVE IT! I'm sure this would be great with Miracle Whip as it would just add to the sweetness of the cranberries.

I used to make big batches of this and my dd loved to eat it warmed up. 

Here's the one I make.

1 whole chicken diced (I get a whole chicken already cooked at Costco)

1 cut diced fine celery

1 cup of seedless grapes 

1 cup chopped pecans 

1 cup white raisins 

mixed with Mayo and add salt and pepper to taste.  I serve this on croissants, and it's very yummy.  

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!  I'm going to pick one to start and give it a try.  I'll probably work my way through them all at some point.  I don't like nuts, but DH and one of my boys does so maybe I'll make a batch without and then separate 1/2 the batch and put nuts in it.

Thanks again!