Menu

Oh, my yummies! Sponge Candy Ice Cream...soooo good!

unsinkable

Where did you find this? I do believe I cannot be truly happy until I have had some.

It's been so long since I've had sponge candy; most places haven't even heard of it. And my attempt at making my own was...shall we say, less than successful. Just ask the cat.

Must know the brand.... where do you purchase this wonderfulness??? *Please say Wegmans. Please say Wegmans.*

Where did you find this? I do believe I cannot be truly happy until I have had some.

It's been so long since I've had sponge candy; most places haven't even heard of it. And my attempt at making my own was...shall we say, less than successful. Just ask the cat.

Only ice cream stands that carry Perry's brand, AFAIK.

Perry's locator

Oh, yum! I sense an ice cream run on Sunday! Seven places around me carry it; I'm in CNY. My neighbor always picks up huge Crunchie bars at the duty-free when she travels back and forth to Canada. Wegmans carries Crunchies, too, but the big ones are bigger...which is definitely better!

QValencia - not like circus peanuts, although my great-grandmother who lived in Buffalo loved those things!

Here's a Wikipedia article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeycomb_toffee

I figured it would be Perry's. People not familiar with WNY often haven't heard of sponge candy. We west coasters are out o' luck, I think.

Sponge candy was my grandmother's favorite! Alas, no sponge candy ice cream near me.

Well, if you're every nearby, it's my treat!

Oh, yum! I sense an ice cream run on Sunday! Seven places around me carry it; I'm in CNY. My neighbor always picks up huge Crunchie bars at the duty-free when she travels back and forth to Canada. Wegmans carries Crunchies, too, but the big ones are bigger...which is definitely better!

QValencia - not like circus peanuts, although my great-grandmother who lived in Buffalo loved those things!

Here's a Wikipedia article about it:

http://en.wikipedia....oneycomb_toffee

That's funny...DH loves circus peanuts but hates sponge candy.

Ok, I had never heard of sponge candy, so I obviously I had to google it.

I came to sponge candy's official site (lol), and found this faq that explains what sponge candy tastes like.

What I want to know is who's going to send me some so I can taste it now? Seriously, how have I never heard of this? It sounds yummy!

Oh my goodness. This looks like something I would LOVE. I've never heard of it and google doesn't give me any idea of where it's sold in Houston. I may have to break down and order some online.

We went and had it on Tuesday! A man in front of us bought our cones for us, so we bought the next two cones in line. I liked the ice cream, but I'm eeally looking forward to rrying the Perry's Atomic Fireball flavor! Yum...next week! :)

Maybe we should have an ongoing thread about favorite flavors we found this summer. I had a fantastic cranberry habanero cone at our town's absolute best ice cream palor - Gannon's!

http://www.gannonsicecream.com/

If you're ever in my lovely neck of the state, stop in here - it's delcious!