Menu

What do yo do with pencils when the eraser is gone?

Ginevra

Pencils with used-up erasers  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the pencil when the eraser is gone?

• Throw the pencil in the trash
    • Compost the pencil
    • Use the pencil in homemade underwire bras
    • Stick those cap-eraser silly things on top
    • Use a hand-held eraser for the remainder of the pencil's life
    • It's a pencil. Who freakin' cares.
    • Some other clever thing.

What we actually do:

Use a hand held eraser always, because they work better than the built-in erasers anyway.

This. Preferably the white ones. Although the brains are tempting.

Well, truth be told, my favorite pencils in the whole, wide world are some Lyra cedar ones that The Magic Cabin once included as a freebie with an order.

We love Lyra colored pencils too.

Well, truth be told, my favorite pencils in the whole, wide world are some Lyra cedar ones that The Magic Cabin once included as a freebie with an order. They didn't even sell them, so I thought that was just mean. LOL I never could find them for a price that didn't make me faint, so I just use them for special occasions. No one else is allowed to touch them. :tongue_smilie:

I felt the same way you did until I tried the ones I linked above. The ones I linked are 100% "the magic stuff."

Ha! I went to search for these pencils and the first thing that came up in the Google search was this thread. :lol:

Well, I've never had to worry about that because the minute my kids get a new pencil, the eraser is bitten off. We always use a hand-held eraser that I keep in my pocket or it would get lost.

(Sigh).

Keep the eraser in your pocket, BRILLIANT. I don't know how much of my life has been wasted looking for the eraser. No more!

We only use mechanical pencils with refillable erasers. My kida and I hate wood pencils. They never stay sharp and the erasers always run out before the pencil.