Menu

Avoiding the Dressing Room

lexi

Ok, summer is almost here and I've put off finding a swim suit for long enough. I don't think I want to drag all my kiddos to the mall to try on a thousand suits that I probably won't even like. So, I think online may be the way to go. But where to start???

I think I'd love a tankini with boy short bottoms. Or I might be brave and do a one piece - maybe even a retro looking one. I want some hip coverage and I want a built in b00kshelf. :blushing: Is it possible to find one that's cute, colorful, but flattering? The ones I've seen in stores are not what I'm looking for............

Where is your favorite online spot for a swim suit?

I've found some cute stuff here: Zappos and they have free shipping. I also like the fact that they have a few modest designs to pick from!

I especially like this tankinimaybe paired with boy shorts or swim skirt?

Edit: Whoops, I just saw the word "colorful" in your post, lol. How about Macys online?

I like athleta and title nine. I have also found cute suits from some lesser known manufacturers by going to websites like REI and and then googling the brand names they sell. (Carve designs, Patagonia and Lole come to mind.

Lands End. And you can return it to any sears with a Lands End department if it doesn't fit. And that's the point that you might need to try on in store. ;) But I usually find their size charts very accurate. I ordered 2 suits this year, intending to keep just one, and they both fit. So I went with the one I liked best and returned the other in store.

Can you really try on suits with so many little kids crammed in the dressing room with you? I can picture myself running half naked after a toddler escape from a stroller. Can you go to Sears/Lands' End on a day your dh, or a kind friend/relative can watch the highly mobile ones for an hour or so ?

My bra store sells bathing suits that are all cup sized. Essentially I told the clerk my list of requirements and she showed me what they have. Granted, there was not a wide selection but I was more interested in a suit that fits in which I can actually swim or play in the waves without getting tossed out, so to speak.

I spent more than I did on my Lands End tankini but am much happier with the purchase. Just an idea for others who really don't fit in the standard numeric size suit...

Another Lands End vote. And they do have awesome sales somewhat regularly so if you aren't in a hurry it might be worth picking out what you want but waiting a couple weeks. I buy pretty much all my and dd's clothes there at 30-40% off, at least.

Definitely measure carefully and you'll be good. I find their clothing sizes run big but their swimsuits have always seemed spot on to me.