Menu

Ninja blender...decent or ??

Samiam

I've been wanting a Vitamix for a while,but I just don't think it's ever going to be in the budget. And when I be realistic, it might be overkill for what I'd actually use it for. We'd mostly be using it for smoothies (frozen fruit ingredients would be the "harshest" thing put in), and occasional milkshakes. Eventually maybe we'd get to the point where we put more veggies in the smoothie...currently spinach is the only veggie.

I've been considering the Ninja...the Ninja Mega to be exact. If I'm not getting a Vitamix, I want the most powerful Ninja. I don't want a regular blender..have had those, and they don't seem to last.

What do you think about the Ninja?

I've had my Ninja for several years and make a smoothie every night. I also made shaved ice for snow cones pretty frequently one summer (until my dd got sick of them).

This is the one that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Professional-Blender-Chopper-Crusher/dp/B003O47MKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369284792&sr=8-1&keywords=ninja+master+prep

I've had my Ninja for several years and make a smoothie every night. I also made shaved ice for snow cones pretty frequently one summer (until my dd got sick of them).

This is the one that I have: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Professional-Blender-Chopper-Crusher/dp/B003O47MKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369284792&sr=8-1&keywords=ninja+master+prep

That's what I have. I'm very happy with it.

I'm not sure which Ninja we have, but I found the deal at Kohls to awesome to pass up. They had the one we have (it has 4 special cups for making smoothies and they pop right in the dish washer and have lids making them drinks on the go) and it was 30% off; I had a coupon for 30% off and that made it a no brainer.

My family uses it almost daily year round for smoothies; they do taper off in the winter here, because it just gets too cold here. I like that the unit isn't huge and goes right into the dish washer. In my dreams, a super Vitamix would be amazing, but I'd need to use it all the time or I'd feel guilty spending that much.

Ninja owners - can you make smoothies the night before and still have them edible/drinkable the next morning? DH's coworker does this with his Vitamix, and it's one of the reasons I want to get one. We really need a better smoothie blender, because the one we have now isn't cutting it, and DS3 is starting to worry me with how many foods he's refusing to eat these days. He will drink any kind of smoothie though!

Ninja owners - can you make smoothies the night before and still have them edible/drinkable the next morning? DH's coworker does this with his Vitamix, and it's one of the reasons I want to get one. We really need a better smoothie blender, because the one we have now isn't cutting it, and DS3 is starting to worry me with how many foods he's refusing to eat these days. He will drink any kind of smoothie though!

I've got a Ninja (have had it about 6 mos. now -- it was in a set that also came w/ two to-go cups) & love it. It's great (esp. compared to the old blender we used to have). I've mainly used mine to make smoothies.

I've only made the 'make ahead' kind of smoothie w/ a grapefruit/strawberry recipe I have & it worked great. The recipe actually makes enough for 3 or 4 smoothies, so I put the extra in the two to-go cups & stick them in the fridge. I have had the smoothies up to 4 days later & they were fine after a quick stir. (Or, w/ the to-go cups, you can just use the small blade lid for the cup & give it a quick whirl on the blender while it is in the cup.) Haven't tried other styles of smoothies that I ended up saving or storing for another day.

I've got a Ninja (have had it about 6 mos. now -- it was in a set that also came w/ two to-go cups) & love it. It's great (esp. compared to the old blender we used to have). I've mainly used mine to make smoothies.

I've only made the 'make ahead' kind of smoothie w/ a grapefruit/strawberry recipe I have & it worked great. The recipe actually makes enough for 3 or 4 smoothies, so I put the extra in the two to-go cups & stick them in the fridge. I have had the smoothies up to 4 days later & they were fine after a quick stir. (Or, w/ the to-go cups, you can just use the small blade lid for the cup & give it a quick whirl on the blender while it is in the cup.) Haven't tried other styles of smoothies that I ended up saving or storing for another day.

Awesome, the travel cups will come in handy, since DH wants to be able to grab one to go in the morning. I'll look into it.

We also got a Ninja after my other mixer broke because it couldn't grind up a frozen strawberry and ruined the blade attachment. The ninja has no problem with the frozen strawberry. We have only really used the smoothy attachments (we have 3). It's great because each of my smoothy eaters can each make a separate flavor and I don't have to re-wash the blender.

Beth

I burnt out my Vitamix. It was mainly used to puree soft, cooked foods into baby food and I also made a frozen drink in it consisting of frozen strawberries, bananas and milk. Outside of the baby food, which puree isn't really fed for a long time anyway, I'd say I used it a handful of times each year. When it burnt out, I was disgusted. So obviously I was extremely uncomfirtable buying another high end blender. I saw the advertisement for the Ninja mega kitchen system which is 1500 watts. I think the Vitamix is 1550 or 1600. Anyway, I boutght it and absolutely LOVE it. I use it several times per day so it's always out. And because it is always out, it is so easy to use that food processor instead of my huge Bosch - which still has an important place in y kitchen. My favorite feature are the individual serving cups. There are three and they are the perfect size for a fruit soothie. I make green smoothies in it daiy. I never used my Vitamix for green smoothies so I can't do a comparison of the two, but I am very pleased with the results. At first my green smoothies were a little chunky so I leave it run longer. And I always add an avacado (the fats carry me - the green smoothie is usually my breakfast or lunch) and this makes it rich, creamy, and smooth as a milkshake.

If you have a Bed and Bath coupon, the mega system will cost you $175 and it is WELL worth the money. I can't believe how many items come with it! Make sure you have space to store everything. You can try it for 30 days and return if unsatisfied. It has a 5 year warranty (Vitamix has 7) but I saw on their website (if you buy directly from the copany) that you can purchase a lifetime warranty.

My Vitamix struggled with stiff frozen smoothies. The Ninja does this effortlessly. I filled the container with all ice to try the ice to snow feature and it WORKS effortlessly and quickly. I am so glad I gave this blender a try instead of buying another Vitamix or a Blendtec or Ktec.... Which ever it is.