Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 4/28-5/4

Negin

Last week I went skimboarding for six hours though out the week. This is just too much for my old, out of shape body. The sand is hard. The tendons in my thighs hurt.

• This week lots of stretching-not just once a day but 2x a day.
  • Hoeing and digging garden beds-1.5 hrs a day.
  • Body surfing-easier on the body for 2-3 hrs. 2x this week.

Last week I went skimboarding for six hours though out the week.

Sounds like so much fun. :)

I've been gardening every day for more than a week

I've read that gardening is one of the best exercises for slowing down bone loss. I wish I could do it. I miss and love spring flowers.

About to do Kathy Smith: Fat Burning Pilates. Swimming in the ocean later today.

fat_burning_pilates_front.jpg

I did yoga today. Still sick. I didn't do anything last week - I have a deep seated (and warranted) fear of doing too much and getting even sicker. So, I'll try just every other day this week. and naps. It did feel good to do yoga.

did yoga- I've been pretty easy this week (I'm still on the tail of my cold, and I want to get well.) - only doing it every other day. I did get my massage (she's so good. It was a real treat.), and chiro adjustment.

still here... My routine is pretty boring right now. Still go to the gym and hop on that treadclimber for 50 minutes One normal 30 minute workout and then 20 minute whatever it comes up on random. Figure that would keep the body on surprise. Did go back to strength training every other day by using the machines and then come home and do some kettle ball routines (too embarrassed to do them at the gym!)

It is working. I'm down 8 pounds today.

The thing that is working is I bought a heart monitor. I used this book http://www.amazon.com/Younger-Next-Year-Women-Strong/dp/0761147748 and figured out my heart rate max, heart rate drop/resting rate ( not sure that really matters for exercising, and fat burner heart rate. I keep it on while I exercise and it actually works. I can tell when I am in the right zone or have slipped out of it on either end. SO i think I am finally burning off the right stuff. I know I am way more drenched and dripping sweat than in the past.

At least finally seeing some weight loss makes me go back for more torture.