Menu

DH has been told to transfer or he loses his job :/

Mandylubug

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We found a neighborhood we love and it is about a 20 minute commute. We actually looked at a rental and spoke with a neighbor. Very optimistic of this area. I can only hope for as good experiences in our other cities we tour within the next week or so !

Things are gonna work out great :)

I'm so glad your first city visit was a hit - what a relief!

Be careful what you wish for, .. the paradox of choice, and all of that LOL.

Well, we are exhausted by the search and research. We have not visited any other city and are still hoping enough accept retirement packages so that we can stay put. I just landed my first paying client with my new business and it looks like it will be a large, profitable project for me :)

So, we have decided to just list other cities by our preference of weather, location or cost of living and stop dwelling on the what ifs. Maybe we are insane for just washing our hands of the decision process or maybe we have faith that God won't give us anything we can't handle...I haven't decided which it is yet ;)

I'm from St. Louis and it was a great place to grow up. I have many friends and quite a bit of family still there and I love to visit.

A couple of things...the weather is completely wonky. I've never been as cold as I've been in STL, and I've never been as hot as I've been in STL, and that's saying a lot since I live in Atlanta now and moved here from Miami!

Other than that, I really liked it there and love to visit whenever I can.

I'm from St. Louis and it was a great place to grow up. I have many friends and quite a bit of family still there and I love to visit.

A couple of things...the weather is completely wonky. I've never been as cold as I've been in STL, and I've never been as hot as I've been in STL, and that's saying a lot since I live in Atlanta now and moved here from Miami!

Other than that, I really liked it there and love to visit whenever I can.

Good to know, thanks! DH says he doesn't mind cold and snow just not year round snow or year round rain. So that would rule out Spokane WA I believe. We have looked a good bit at STL. It seems like an older town and is confusing to figure out where is a good place to move to that isn't a crazy commute or in a bad area. My head is just spinning from all the options of each time, LOL

Well, we live an hour out from Atlanta right now. He commutes that far! Our town is fairly small compared to some but we do have many restaurants, grocery stores and shopping to choose from. We are accustomed to a bowling alley and a movie theater but they aren't required in our next town. I would love to find a Chic-fil-a town ha ha. THAT should be my number one criteria. Just kidding ;)

Lots of Chik-fil-as in FL. Always crowded during the summer time and on rainy days (because of the always great, clean play area.) :)

Good to know, thanks! DH says he doesn't mind cold and snow just not year round snow or year round rain. So that would rule out Spokane WA I believe. We have looked a good bit at STL. It seems like an older town and is confusing to figure out where is a good place to move to that isn't a crazy commute or in a bad area. My head is just spinning from all the options of each time, LOL

If he'd be at the airport, look in West St. Louis County or St. Charles County. Stay out of North County (that's where I grew up!) and South County (too far). St. Charles, St. Peters, Clayton, Ladue, Chesterfield....all are good cities to consider.

Living in Arizona most of my life, I would like to try snow, lol. Although, I'd probably freeze to death with my thin, desert blood.

We've traveled with my dh on cross country trips for his driving job. These are the cities I liked from those trips. I think OKC would be my top choice, but we have family there.

Austin, TX

Nashville, TN

Columbus, OH

Dallas, TX

Vandalia, OH

Denver, CO

Houston, TX

Indianapolis, IN

Milwaukee, WI

Oklahoma City, OK

WE GET TO STAY IN ATLANTA! All that research and stress for nothing. It really did reconfirm how much I like our home and cost of living here, though!

I can't thank you all enough for your encouragement!

Woot woot!!!! glad it all worked out!

WE GET TO STAY IN ATLANTA! All that research and stress for nothing. It really did reconfirm how much I like our home and cost of living here, though!

:hurray: Glad it worked out for you! What a load of stress that can now be let go since you don't have to worry about moving and selling the house and all that stuff.

DH says he doesn't mind cold and snow just not year round snow or year round rain. So that would rule out Spokane WA I believe. ....

So glad you got the news you wanted! Just for future reference, if needed, this would NOT rule out Spokane in the least. Yes, they get snow in the winter, but not yearround. Rain either! That's Seattle. ;-) We're on the dryer side of the state.

Great news!!!

We went through something similar last year. It made me realize how much I like where we live.

Elise in NC