Menu

What would be a good gift to bring to a bday party for a 1-yr old boy?

HappyGrace

If the family is materialistic, go to Toys R Us and find something on sale from Fisher-Price or Playskool, and make your purchasing decision based solely on whichever toy comes in the biggest, most colorful box.

I know that sounds awful, but it'll probably turn out to be a fun toy anyway, and you'll look like a generous gift-giver at the party.

If the family is materialistic, go to Toys R Us and find something on sale from Fisher-Price or Playskool, and make your purchasing decision based solely on whichever toy comes in the biggest, most colorful box.

I know that sounds awful, but it'll probably turn out to be a fun toy anyway, and you'll look like a generous gift-giver at the party.

Lol

I would also add that you should factor in how much you like the parents. The more annoying I find the parents, the louder and more battery draining the toys become. My personal favorite gift was a toy I gave to an ex's baby for her first birthday. The baby he had with a girl he had seen behind my back while we dated (though, thankfully, this baby came along well after our breakup). I had gotten it for free, but it was so loud and lit up...no way was I giving it to my kid! It was new in the box, and I DID buy a great big gift bag full of batteries to keep that puppy running for a long time :p

People who haven't irritated me, I go gentle on :) Books, a sweet DVD, an outfit, a plushie or cute/not noisy toy set....

ROFL at Ghee, catwoman and linders!!!!!!!!!

Books won't work, although that is usually my go to gift for kids-because for the shower they had everyone bring a book and made a huge basket, PLUS the shower givers contributed a bunch more.

Soooo....I guess I'll have to go w/ Catwoman's suggestion-it fits this family PERFECTLY!!!!!!!! Thanks, everyone!

My 1-year-old LOVES her Learn & Groove Musical Table: http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Learn-Groove-Musical-Table/dp/B003NX72D4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365335065&sr=8-1&keywords=musical+activity+table Right now the price on Amazon is $32, so it may be more than you want to spend, but it is seriously a favorite toy (and it was for my older daughter as well).

On the other hand, a large ball will be quite beloved by a 1-year-old, looks "big," and doesn't cost much at all!