Menu

[Insertloudscreamingwhilesimultaneouslypullingmyhairout]

Miss Peregrine

I'm calling 5 o'clock and pouring myself a glass of wine. Takes a lot less effort than screaming and pulling my hair out, and it allows me to keep up the calm, cool, and collected facade that is so critical to maintaining order in this madhouse. :coolgleamA: :cheers2:

Oh yeah! Definitely right there with you. My 7 year old is on a Major boundary testing mission this past couple of weeks.

And now... Mr. "I just wanna play, I'm not tired, I don't wanna sleeeeeeeep, please Mom, I'll do anything you want me to, I just wanna play, not sleep" is having nap. :closedeyes:

At least DD got some math done in the madness.

The hour long whiny, crying, screaming, pouting session was less than fun. DD and I video-taped it and laughed. It was either laugh or cry.

No facade here. I just got myself a coffee and locked myself in my car. The kids would come out and see where I was. I told them all to go away.

I feel like Cameron on Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Catatonic. Only not because I'm typing on a computer.

That's another good solution. And LOL re: Cameron from FBDO. You must have a really, really nice car. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: I just looked up that clip since it's been about 20 years since I've seen the movie. I guess you're probably referring to the scene where he's sitting in his little dinky car talking to himself, lol. And yeah, I can relate to that. :lol:

Yes. I am done taking three kids grocery shopping. DONE!!!!!

They are making their own darn dinner tonight. I am having mango iced tea and a chocolate bar.

I have no idea if or what my kids ate for dinner. They are all gone at their Monday night activity. 5 yo is at the neighbor's. I am enjoying the peace. Hey, I just remembered I have chocolate stashed in the kitchen.

Yes! Not only am I sick to death of hearing the following phrases: You didn't tell me that! I didn't have enough time to study! What am I doing wrong; I didn't do anything! I wasn't bothering him! ETC, ETC, ETC!

I am also sick of saying: You know what you did! Stop messing with each other! I told you already and wrote it down!

I have started assigning chores this week for behavior that is getting any of these responses from my children. Argue with mom, whine about the work you know you have to do or bother someone else and you are the proud winner of one of the many chores that I hate doing! :hurray: I'm not even saying anything anymore when they start in on me... Except: "I'm so glad that you are cleaning the fridge tonight"! :)

I figured out how to fix the attitude: She begged and whined, "Mommy, can we Pu-LEASE have an Easter Week Break???????" I pretended to think a little bit about it (I had already planned to take Thurs and Fri off) and then said, "Well, you can earn up to two days off this week depending on your willingness to learn and your attitude. "

She was a doll. I'm such a meanie!! LOL

Yes! Not only am I sick to death of hearing the following phrases: You didn't tell me that! I didn't have enough time to study! What am I doing wrong; I didn't do anything! I wasn't bothering him! ETC, ETC, ETC!

I am also sick of saying: You know what you did! Stop messing with each other! I told you already and wrote it down!

I have started assigning chores this week for behavior that is getting any of these responses from my children. Argue with mom, whine about the work you know you have to do or bother someone else and you are the proud winner of one of the many chores that I hate doing! :hurray: I'm not even saying anything anymore when they start in on me... Except: "I'm so glad that you are cleaning the fridge tonight"! :)

I cannot tell you how closely this resembles my life. May I hug you? :blush:

I have a awful cold..totally horrid I couldn't breathe at all last night and didn't fall asleep till 5:30am when dh was leaving for work. Then was woken by my crew at 7a. I tried to "put myself down for a nap for being cranky" I got about 45 mins with several interruptions. I then had an appointment and been dealing with drama between my niece and oldest 2 girls all night.

I did manage to de clutter our school stuff, sort some laundry and read with moonbeam. So I'm calling it good tomorrow is a new day hopefully I'm well rested, and felling much better in the morning.

We had to have a family meeting last night because of chores not getting done. Oldest dd said she didn't care that she wasn't pitching in. This, after us taking her driving all freakin' month to get her driver's license, to the tune of a couple hundred in gas. Oh, and she somehow got nails in the sidewalls after last night's drive. That was $600 this morning. She doesn't CARE?!?!

We had to have a family meeting last night because of chores not getting done. Oldest dd said she didn't care that she wasn't pitching in. This, after us taking her driving all freakin' month to get her driver's license, to the tune of a couple hundred in gas. Oh, and she somehow got nails in the sidewalls after last night's drive. That was $600 this morning. She doesn't CARE?!?!

:svengo:

They do *love* the family meetings, don't they?

I cannot tell you how closely this resembles my life. May I hug you? :blush:

LOL! Consider us hugged! DH is so nonconfrontational and after stressful days at work he hates coming home and listening to any bickering. Last night dd started and found herself cleaning baseboards...my baseboards are now nice and white again :)

LOL! Consider us hugged! DH is so nonconfrontational and after stressful days at work he hates coming home and listening to any bickering. Last night dd started and found herself cleaning baseboards...my baseboards are now nice and white again :)

I should've thought of baseboards...instead I took away electronics privileges! Maybe tomorrow will be baseboard day! (Oh, I hope not. I don't want a repeat of today's behaviors that led to the discipline!)

Ouch!

I recently told mine that when they save the money, I'll be happy to take them to get their driving classes completed... :)

This morning after I got back into the car from the vets office, they were in a huff and had hands on each other...why? Because someone changed the radio station and someone else wanted it changed back. How many times do I have to say: "DO NOT TOUCH MY RADIO Unless You Ask!" Now I know why my dad had that rule, lol. I also did not feel a teensy bit bad when I passed up the donut shop that we normally visit after their orthodontist appt every 6 weeks. Ds says: there goes the donut shop..." and I said "Wow, you are right son!" and he says "I guess we aren't going..." and Dd says grumpily, "What do you think"?

I should have stopped to get me one. After all I didn't get into trouble, lol

I should've thought of baseboards...instead I took away electronics privileges! Maybe tomorrow will be baseboard day! (Oh, I hope not. I don't want a repeat of today's behaviors that led to the discipline!)

The electronics have been gone. We are at an argumentative stage right now with both. I won't tolerate it and I won't get sucked in. They actually asked to get on the computers this evening. I looked at them like: Seriously? One opened her mouth and I just said: "Fridge"...said mouth closed fairly quickly.