Menu

How many pairs of socks/hose/tights/nylons do you have?

Laura Corin

How many socks?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. My personal useful sock (tights, nylons...) inventory (in pairs) is

• 0-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • More than 51
  2. 2. My sock (tights..) inventory average (in pairs) per child is

• 0-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • More than 51

Please include everything that forms a layer between shoes and feet. You can exclude anything that really should be on its way for recycling but you haven't quite cleared out, i.e. only include usable pairs and for all seasons.

This poll is not in any way meant to be critical - sock inventory came up on another thread and I was surprised by the differences.

If you live in a climate where socks are rarely necessary, this may not be the poll for you.

Laura

I hate socks. I hate stockings. And I never wear those knee-hi things, which my grandma adores and tried to sell me on. Bleh. I answered 11-20 for my kids, but honestly, it's probably not that high for my sons. My mom keeps buying my daughter socks! It takes a lot for me to wear socks. I can never find a pair in my drawer and I have been forced by weather to borrow one of my husband's.

I answered 11-20 for children, and the same for myself.

We all wear socks daily. Mostly white, but we all also own colored or black for dress shoes.

The only time we don't wear socks is when going to the pool or when wearing flip flops in the summer. The kids do have to wear socks and tennis shoes when playing outside.

Funny you should make this post now. I hate buying socks for me. Not sure why maybe because it is a boring buy.I knit me a pair once and loved them and am in the process of knitting another pair but it is taking forever. Anyway I just put a hole in my last intact pair so I HAD to buy some. I decided to buy some wool/wool blend, these are expensive so I just got me one pair because I wanted to see if $20 a pair was worth the money. Oh, YEAH!! $20 socks DO feel good. Very good! they even have an arch support thing where it hugs your arch. My feet stayed warm even hiking in the snow. The funny thing was I went on and on about these socks, how good they feel and all. Hubby said i was nuts, they were just expensive socks. Well he sung another tune when I bought him a pair....he was bouncing around the house saying how light he felt and how his feet felt like they were being massaged. Quality socks do make a difference appearently.

Oh I voted before reading. I clicked 0-10 per child but I didn't include ballet tights and other dance socks for DD, she would be possibly into 20+ if you want to count those.

I love socks. I live somewhere cold so I can wear lots of hiking style warm ones and hand knitted ones. I still only have 11-20 (not sure exactly, but definitely in that range).

Oh, YEAH!! $20 socks DO feel good. Very good! they even have an arch support thing where it hugs your arch. My feet stayed warm even hiking in the snow. The funny thing was I went on and on about these socks, how good they feel and all. Hubby said i was nuts, they were just expensive socks. Well he sung another tune when I bought him a pair....he was bouncing around the house saying how light he felt and how his feet felt like they were being massaged. Quality socks do make a difference appearently.

Yup. For my birthday last year I asked DH for a pair of socks. Yes, really. They are knee high pure merino hiking socks (they cost a lot more than $20 :o ). I love those things. My feet feel like they are snug in bed even when walking in sleet for hours <3

Funny you should make this post now. I hate buying socks for me. Not sure why maybe because it is a boring buy.I knit me a pair once and loved them and am in the process of knitting another pair but it is taking forever. Anyway I just put a hole in my last intact pair so I HAD to buy some. I decided to buy some wool/wool blend, these are expensive so I just got me one pair because I wanted to see if $20 a pair was worth the money. Oh, YEAH!! $20 socks DO feel good. Very good! they even have an arch support thing where it hugs your arch. My feet stayed warm even hiking in the snow. The funny thing was I went on and on about these socks, how good they feel and all. Hubby said i was nuts, they were just expensive socks. Well he sung another tune when I bought him a pair....he was bouncing around the house saying how light he felt and how his feet felt like they were being massaged. Quality socks do make a difference appearently.

Just curious what brand you bought? I have been looking at Smartwool, but have never spent that much on one pair.

Yup. For my birthday last year I asked DH for a pair of socks. Yes, really. They are knee high pure merino hiking socks (they cost a lot more than $20 :o ). I love those things. My feet feel like they are snug in bed even when walking in sleet for hours <3

Oooh, knee high. I actually had to take my socks off the other day because my feet were hot...first time in 44 yrs my feet were hot. My husband was shocked.

My kids have a lot more socks etc. than I have, I think. I mostly wear white, while I try to match theirs to their school clothes, more or less. And their aunties buy them "crazy socks."

We use the same socks for summer and winter.

I have between 11-20, half of which are white athletic socks. I despise socks and will only wear them when necessary. I wore them very little when we lived in the south. Right now I have on two pairs because it's so cold. I threw out the pantyhose years ago.

Ds has about 10, all white, he wears them only in the winter.

without counting i say 50+ for me. I live in the pnw and have socks for every season.

off the top of my head i have

3 snow board socks

1 knee high wool

6 /black wool for work

6 cute wool for every day

12 no show athletic --dd and i bought socks on the same day but she didnt like thenm so i have hers too

6 liners for flats for summers

6 cute cotton for fal

6 dress socks

2 slipper socks

a couple pair of stockings

a couple pair of angora

i have worn at least 3/4 of these in the past year. i wear two pair --wool with snow boad socks over the top--to work every day.

another pair when i get home and sometimes a 3rd pair with my pjs before bed.

my kids have 20 to 30

I try to have the same socks that are just plain white for everyone except dh who buys his own socks and they are black. It's actually incredibly difficult to find plain white socks for little girls. I hate having to match up cutsie socks plus my kids always take them off all over the place and lose them, so it makes more sense if they are all the same.

We live in a climate were winter socks aren't necessary but have two pairs for me and dh each from when we go to the snow. In summer we wear sandals every day, so no socks needed. I try to get the close toed style with sole support.

I typically try to have about 12 per person of plain white socks.