Menu

Thanks!

LibraryLover

Moving is one of those mixed blessings, especially moving far away.

Once you get past feeling overwhelmed about the bad parts make sure you really cement the good stuff in your mind. You'll need to remind yourself of it the week or so before the move when everything you need has migrated into some box that is purposely hiding from you. (Those packed boxes are wicked and love to play games with your emotions! :p )

I just spent the past 6 months packing up my house (or most of it). I found it rather cathartic.

I had so much fun revisiting my kids baby albums, first pair of shoes, finger paintings, etc.

I must have shredded a thousand pounds of stuff that I should have gotten rid of years ago. I made about 30 trips to my town dump. My garage is finally nearly empty. My basement is beautifully empty!

Count me in this club. We're selling, so in addition to just packing our stuff I have to figure out minor repairs and how to keep the house clean with 4 kids, a cat, and a dog! I've already made about 10 trips to Goodwill and about that many to Home Depot. I'm happy we're moving but mostly just overwhelmed with all the stuff I have to do.

We are moving too in a few weeks. DH has 10 years of his junk stored in the shed and I have 7 years worth of accumulated kid stuff. Now that the youngest is three I can let go of all the baby stuff yay but yes it's overwhelming. We live in a rental so as well as doing all the moving stuff I have to keep the house clean for prospective renter inspection...yeah right with 3 messy kids.

I hate moving.

We're also moving in 8 days!! It's less than a mile away though. We started packing up stuff but this house is so small that we've run out of room to put boxes. I have the key to the new place & it's vacant so I'm going to start taking boxes over. I hate moving too. Hopefully we'll be at the new house for a long time.

We're also moving in 8 days!! It's less than a mile away though. We started packing up stuff but this house is so small that we've run out of room to put boxes. I have the key to the new place & it's vacant so I'm going to start taking boxes over. I hate moving too. Hopefully we'll be at the new house for a long time.

Less than a mile away?? Then put tarps, sheets, blankets, whatever at the bottom of the truck, and just put the stuff in there, and go back and forth. Much easier to take out of one house and then straight to putting away in the other.

Less than a mile away?? Then put tarps, sheets, blankets, whatever at the bottom of the truck, and just put the stuff in there, and go back and forth. Much easier to take out of one house and then straight to putting away in the other.

LOL! I've done this several times. The plan is to have all the stuff moved over and then have our friends help with the furniture. I don't want to waste their energy moving boxes when I really need help with the heavy furniture.