Menu

If health wasn't an issue, what would you eat?

OrganicAnn

What I wouldn't do for some Mallomars right now...

Are they really just a NY area thing?

I have heard that Yodels, Devil Dogs, and Yankee Doodles may also be regional, and if that's the case, I'm never moving away from here. :D

Life without mallomars - inconceivable! I had heard rumours that they are a New York/New Jersey/CT thing. I am with you, never moving away from mallomars (or yodels) , even though I no longer eat an entire box at a time.

I feel as though there should be some sort of movement to bring mallomars to those who do not know what they are missing.

Now I am wondering what all those people thought when they watched When Harry met Sally and he talks about mallowmars being the greatest cookie ever towards the end of the movie.

I wouldn't change from what I eat now. I pretty much eat whatever the heck I want to now. Of course, I'm of the mind that unless you have a true allergy or sensitivity, you don't have to eliminate foods to be healthy. I know that my weight issues could be remedied by changing the quantity of the things I eat as well as increasing the amount of physical activity I get.

But for health issues, I'd eat carbs, carbs, and more carbs, mixed with the other stuff (proteins and fats).

I'm in the middle of my own food awakening: carbs I just cannot do but in tiny amounts. Carbs bad, fats good, meat good. (You can't even imagine what I read about lard in the Taubes book last night! lard good?)

Money would have to not be an issue either, but I would eat:

Breakfast:

Eggs benedict, most likely one with a crab cake underneath, then poached egg and hollandaise (a LOT of hollandaise)

Bacon and eggs OR Bacon and homemade waffles with REAL maple syrup

Lunches/Dinners:

A LOT of lobster WITH the clarified butter - LOTS of the butter!

Filets with or without bacon, but likely topped with a seafood and either andouille sauce or hollandaise (are yall seeing a pattern?)

Fresh grilled or blackened fish topped with some sort of creamy, artery-clogging sauce

Mexican food, probably daily, with guacamole ALL over it (I eat avocados almost every day anyway)

Indian food with naan dipped in every. single. sauce.

Sushi rolls filled with all sorts of yummy goodness and topped with it as well

Pho and spring rolls

Greek food

What I wouldn't do for some Mallomars right now...

Are they really just a NY area thing?

I have heard that Yodels, Devil Dogs, and Yankee Doodles may also be regional, and if that's the case, I'm never moving away from here. :D

I remember my mom eating so many mallowmars she got sick to her stomache. Lol! She loved those things! Oh, and Reese's peanut butter cups. When she passed we made sure a case of those were put in with her....I hope they are kosher, she is in. Jewish cemetery.......