Menu

Prayer request for my Dad, please

sheryl

Would you please pray for my Dad? (I don't want to take away from Bethany and her Dad, but it just so happens my Dad needs prayer now as well).

My Dad, Robert, is a WWII vet who just turned 87 this past Nov. He is a cardiac patient and has survived several heart attacks (angina and coronary). When he was a young man he smoked (which contributed to his heart issues, but he stopped decades ago)! Because he does not have much cartiledge left in his knees, he can barly walk. Also, because my Dad has an artificial valve he's on a blood thinner. C is considered rat poison and eventually causes ulcers and hemorrhaging. That was 6 years ago exactly. He almost died. But, God intervened!

A month or so ago the doctor found blood in his urine. He was on antibiotics for 2 rounds or so, but the dr. ordered a ct-scan which is scheduled for tomorrow, Mon. Jan 14. He is alone and has been since my Mom passed away in 1988.

During your prayer time and as He brings it to rememberance, would you prayer for my Dad. He says he is saved, and I'm not to judge, but I am concerned about whether he is truly. I believe the Lord has spared my Dad many times to draw him into a closer relationship with him.

I'm not sure of the outcome, but I do hope for my Dad's desire to ignite for Him!

Thanks in advance.

Thanks everyone! I'm encouraged already knowing that you have and/or will say or prayer as led.

Tbog, yes, this has been heavy on heart for quite some time. I think most people don't realize the great love God has for them. I've given this so much thought. I know I doubt His love "sometimes" for me. When I sin I ponder, "How can my holy God" still love me - my sin is terrible. But, then I remember that God loves the sinner and hates the sin. I could go on and on. As I heard today in church: grace is being forgiven when we don't deserve it, but grace is also enabling me to "not want" to sin. I thought that was good. Anyway, sometimes when people speak, "God loves you", it seems like a pat statement. But, may it really have resounding joy to those who fully don't comprehend that. And, that's what I want to share with my Dad, among other things.

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks everyone for your prayers. He sounded very good when I spoke with him be phone (after his appts. this morning). He gets the ct-scan results this TH in a follow up appt.

As you led, please continue to pray for him. Thanks so much in advance!