Menu

I need a new baked chicken recipe

athena1277

Pizza chicken (excellent for picky eaters!)

Lay out Chicken breasts flat in dish

Cover with pizza sauce (spagetti sauce works fine too)

Cover with shredded mozarella cheese.

Cook until chicken is done.

This chicken recipe is really good because the sauce keeps the chicken nice and moist.

dh's aunt's recipe:

a cup of rice, two cups of water, a can of cream of mushroom soup, baby carrots, an onion if you'd like, peas if you'd like, 4 ounces of chicken breast per person. put in a dish in the oven for 40 minutes. you can omit the cream of mushroom soup and add other flavoring.

we also bake chicken with maple syrup, onion, and then add blueberries the last few minutes.

hth,

ann

Have you ever just baked the chicken breasts in apricot jam? It's very easy.

Sort of like this, but here is a great recipe:

Frozen chicken breasts laid out in dish

Dab each with apricot or peach preserves

Pour a small bottle of Italian salad dressing over the chicken

Sprinkle with minced onion or onion powder (the actual recipe calls for french onion soup mix, but I don't use that)

bake for an hour at 350.

I serve this over rice. Very yummy

Thaw them (4 half breasts) in the fridge. In a heavy pot, saute them briefly in Pam or olive or canola oil so that they are sort of white to golden on all sides, but not cooked through. Pour in two cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted. I use Campbell's healthy request. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 30-40 minutes until cooked through. The soup forms its own gravy, which is great on rice. Sometimes I put dumplings on top of everything after about 10 minutes--either polenta dumplings or poppy seed dumplings are great on this recipe. Reheats well, too. (Just bake for 25 minutes at 350 in a covered glass casserole dish.)

For bone in breasts: mix chopped fresh garlic, salt & rosemary. Loosen chicken skin and put garlic mixture under skin. Put in roasting pan. Toss additional whole garlic cloves w/some oil and fresh rosemary and scatter around roasting pan over chicken breasts. Put 1/2 cup-ish of chicken broth in pan. Roast on high (450-475) for about 15 min then turn down to 350 til breasts are cooked through. Remove chicken breasts, put pan on stovetop and boil, adding some white wine to the pan. Use as "gravy" for chicken. Yummy.

Buffalo chicken sandwiches: Pour hot sauce and some ranch dressing mix over frozen chicken breasts; bake until done. (This works really well in a slow cooker.) Shred cooked chicken with forks, and stir it around with the sauce, adding a couple tablespoons of butter. Cook a little longer, and serve on rolls with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping.

My 17yo fixes baked boneless skinless chicken breast all the time. It's an easy meal for her to fix.

All we do is take a couple of boneless skinless chicken breasts (individually quick frozen) out of the freezer and put them on a baking pan. Then she either sprinkles with olive oil and then spices or she sprinkles with spices and then puts a pat of butter on top. She bakes at 350 for 45 minutes if they are frozen or 30 minutes if they are just refrigerated.

I've finally gotten her to calm down on her spicing because she was making them virtually inedible by putting just about everything in the spice cabinet on them.

A favorite is just garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. She really likes anything with cumin, so she does an Indian-spiced version with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and paprika. She does a version with salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian seasoning.

It's really quite tasty.

The America's Test Kitchen cookbook has several spice rub recipes in it and I've made up batches of several of them that she often uses on the chicken.